Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Another cancelled bus day!!!???...

It's 7:45am Steve's been gone to work for an hour and my 2 lovely children are still sleeping... WOW I have managed to have a cup of coffee uninterrupted! I can tell ya... that doesn't happen to often. I can almost guarantee Ty was up in the night. He never sleeps in like this.

I HAD an 9:00 appointment to get my van fixed up (they need to replace something with the power steering thingy) But low and behold it looks like it will be another house bound day. We have another bus cancellation day due to possible freezing rain. This is the 4th time in the last couple weeks that the buses have been cancelled in our area... CRAZY!!! I better think up something fun to do to keep the kids to keep them from going crazy (well, really myself)!!! I guess I can get the kids to work on Valentines day cards..lol

So my room... I AM IN LOVE - It does feel so nice to go into my nice fresh bedroom. I feel like an adult, like I have a place all to myself!

My room used to be the hang out spot. The kids would go in and play, watch the TV, jump on the bed (not that that was permitted, but they still did it!) When I was taking the room apart I found some spiderman dudes between my mattress and box-spring, I also found a few cars under the bed!!! But not no more. I have decided my room is now only open by invitation only ;-) ....But because I did that, I also had to make another "hang out" upstairs - you know, for those time I need to cook, clean etc. and still have the kids close enough so they are still in ears reach!
I had been reluctant to put a TV in my family room. I didn't want it to take away from the quiet, cozy atmosphere. When I added the TV from my room it looked so silly and bulky and I wasn't going to have it - until I had a vision of a flat screen on my fireplace mantle... and that changed everything. We are not big TV watchers, but I love music (the bell express view galaxy music channels). I love it for background noise and I especially find it motivating when I have to get my butt in gear so I NEEDED an upstairs TV. So off I went shopping and added a new piece to my "cozy" living room!!!

Tamaya GROOVING ;-) (and the new TV)

Ty with his yogurt mustache

Tamaya striking a pose?!?

Playing with Jake - (Don't mind her lovely attire of pj's and pink socks..lol!)

The mustache...again!

pretty girl - eating her breakfast yesterday
Right on!!!
My new bedroom curtains - Can you beleive it, I payed $10 for each panel and even got another $5 off - $15 for curtains!!! WOW
My mother in law bought me this for Christmas. I just love it! translated from French it says... A mothers love is filled with happiness and tenderness.



No comments: