Friday, February 01, 2008

I got it...

I called the furniture store a few days ago to ask if they were on schedule building me my bedroom suite and she said "actually we are just about done"... WOOOHOOO! We made a delivery day - Friday (today).

I went to look at it yesterday (WOW) and pay the remainder of my bill and was informed that we were expecting a huge storm Friday and that it probably wouldn't be delivered until Monday. :-( But when the boss came to talk to me, he asked what I was doing that afternoon and that they could deliver it in a few hours!!!

So the logical thing to do would have been to go straight home and empty my room right? Nope, not me - logic went right out the window long ago... I went shopping for room accessories. I found some GORGEOUS throw pillows, a throw for the end of my bed, some new chocolate brown sheets, some bamboo type place-mats, some baskets for inside the armoire! I was very pleased with my purchases! I came home with an hour to spair to empty & vacuum my room. LOTS of time..hahaha

So the only problems with the new set - I love it so much I keep opening my bedroom door to peek at it, which is soooo unproductive :-)

The bed and nightstands - for some reason the flash from the camera is changing the true color of the stain - it's actually more of an espresso.
My cool pillows ;-)

The dresser
My armoire
My nick-nacks/place-mats

My living room with my old room in it - lovely!!! ( I have to tackle that today!!!) Wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

MK said...

Hi Sue,

Isn't it fun to go to bed with a new and refreshed room!

You have a beautiful family and it's fun to read and see you all growing together!

Billy said...

The room looks great! Good luck tackling that living room. Love the new look of the blog!

Sue said...

Marcia, it sure it nice to have a new and refreshed room. I have waited soooo long to finally get something for me!!! Also thanks for your compliment about my "beautiful family" I think they are pretty beautiful as well.. ;-)

Abbagirl - Thanks!

I did actually tackle the living room fairly quickly. I invited guest over!!! I tell ya, that is enough to get my butt in gear EVERY time...lol