Thursday, August 16, 2007

I have to confess!?!

The reason I took a blogging break was so that I could come down to Haiti and see what I could do. I have been in Haiti for more than 2 weeks (and still am here!). I have managed to get Tamaya's file released from MOI. We are hoping to get her passport mid-next week. This trip has certainly made me appreciate my government!!! I am hoping I will be able to travel home with her in a week or so.

I have really been enjoying my time with her. She is such a doll and a true little gem. She has a very strong character and I am so glad I have had a chance to spend some time with her here before bringing her home.

I don't have much computer time, but I will post the rest of the developments as they happened in the next week.

When I have time (prob when I get home) I will also post about my stay and include pictures of course ;-)

Sue

4 comments:

Holly said...

Hi Sue,

I am sooooo happy for you that you are with your little girl and she will be coming home with you soon. I dream about the day I can say I am going to Haiti to get my kids and bring them home! Be careful with hurricane Dean nearby. Can't wait to hear about everything!!!!! CONGRATS!!

Holly

Anonymous said...

As I said before - Yippee yahoo Hurray!!

And are you flying at all through Toronto - cause if you are make sure you have some time between planes for the welcoming committee!!

Patricia

Anonymous said...

As soon as I heard about Hurricane Dean approaching Haiti I thought of you and tamaya. What a surprise to come here and find that you are in Haiti!!!

I hope you are safe and you bring Tamaya home with you safe and sound for once and for all.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Billy said...

Sue, thank goodness! You are in my thoughts and I hope you have a speedy trip home.