Saturday, December 15, 2007

My son, my son, my son....

Yesterday was Ty's Christmas concert at school... I knew I was in for a treat ;-) Out of all the 20+ shows, out of all the classes that performed my son is the ONLY one that didn't "conform", he decided to take over his class show. We all had a good laugh (mine a nervous one)!!!

Ty is the 7th one counting from left to right - bent over

Ty is now the one in front - grooving!!!


Everyone always tells me not to worry, he's just a kid, he's grow out of it etc... It worries me, I see how OUT THERE he is and I wonder, I really wonder. Right now, yes he can get away with it because he is young and cute.

Part of me wants to beleive he will "grow out of it" another part knows that he is unique and may need "extra help"... I know he is a difficult to parent little guy - I'm his mom and soooo know, but I also know how wonderful he is, how loving he is, how he does everything he does with good intentions... I also have learned how to parent him effectively, and know that if he is pushed into a corner he will fight. Right now he has a great teacher, she is young, she is willing to work with Ty and has been encouraging his good behavior... He adores her and I know she has a soft spot for Ty - what happens when he gets a teacher that is set in her ways and believes discipline is the only way, you know the type that is only into consequence's and strict with the kids... I don't think he could handle that type of "controller". Anyways I guess I'm just over-thinking... but I often worry about my little fellaw and what his future holds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue, I've been thinking about this post over the holidays...
I think Ty will have a lot less problems than you may worry about since he has one thing that we may not have had when we were young - a mom who will advocate for him! I don't know if your mom was like mine but mine was old school who thought the school knew best. Fortunately she had kids without many problems though.

YOu have already proven that you are aware of his personality and weaknesses/strengths. I am sure that at the first sign that he is struggling, momma bear will be in there finding a school solution - just like you did with the bullying!!

Parents are more involved with their kids nowadays and more educated about learning issues that our kids are going to benefit tremendously from it!!

So cherish your clowning boy and channel his enthusiasm into creativity. I love all the crazy antics my boy gets up to daily (my ribs ache from the kicks and sitting on my chest - but I love it!)

Happy new year!

Patricia