Sunday, January 20, 2008

My dear son...

A few days ago Ty got off the bus . He was acting funny. When I ask him how his day went he told me he had a great day at. I told how how happy and proud I was of him and to keep up the good work.

We got home and he proceeded to tell me....

"I asked a girl on my bus if she wanted to be my girlfriend and if she wanted to have a date."

I'm sure I looked stunned - 'cause I was feeling pretty speechless. I did manage to get over myself and asked him what the girl said...

"mom, she said no, she is to young to date"

"How did that make you feel bud?"

" A little sad mom, but that's ok. I'm going to ask another girl tomorrow."
"Ugh, NO... Ty you are also to young to date and have a girlfriend"

"When can I have girls in my room then?"

"Ugh... NEVER - Once you are married, maybe!"


MAN, OH MAN, OH MAN, OH MAN, OH MAN!!!!!!

*****

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So now Steve has to give that birds and bees talk? Or are you just going to lock him in his room till he is 25?
Douby is at the neutral age - he certainly would not like to kiss a girl but he is quite happy to play with them still...

Patricia

Anonymous said...

addendum:
and with posts like that, how can T 'n T NOT be the absolute correct blog title...

Billy said...

lol... boy, do I remember that day all too well. Wait until questions about the male anatomy start. That's fun!

Sue said...

Patricia,
Apparently locking him in got me in trouble once.. :-), We kind of gave him the "you are to young" speech and that he should NOT ask girls on dates until he is an adult...lol

Abbagirl, He has already started the oh so uncomfortable questions. The other day he got an erection and was grossed out. He is not circumcised and discovered something he had obviously never seen before and was FULL, FULL, FULL of questions. Now with his sister in the picture there are A WHOLE bunch of female anatomy questions as well.. OH JOY!

Anonymous said...

He only noticed his erections now? Douby has been getting them for years already, usually as he wakes up...typical man...
BTW, can he pull the foreskin back yet or is that what he just discovered?

Sue said...

Sorry, I didn't explain that well.

He has had erections, it was the first time he noticed he could pull back his foreskin and that grossed" him out...lol

Jodi Renshaw said...

Lordy, lordy ... I can't believe you are getting this kind of stuff already! I mean, we are open with the kids about being sexual beings, etc...etc... but even the 11 year old hasn't asked for a boyfriend yet! He is really working it, isn't he?! Little Casanova :) Thank goodness for a Mommy like you to set him straight.

Love,
Jodi