Sunday, May 23, 2010

ooofff...

Wow, I feel like I just posted a post a few days ago, and low and behold it's already been a couple weeks.

Ty's been having a hard time with his life lately and frankly I find myself needing to breath and "remember" to stay regulated. Some days are much easier then others. Some days I can be so cool, calm and collected... others not so much. This past week.. not so much. I've caught myself on several occasion yelling, (which, honestly is something I really TRY hard not to do) it's never accomplished anything besides get him even more unregulated... But I also have to remember than I am also only human and will occasionally make mistakes, the stress of helping him heal often times is just too much and if I forget to take time for me, to take time to refresh I just kind of blow my top. I just have to forgive myself and move on, on the right foot.

We have really come a long way. Just a year ago life was very different... He is certainly on the road to recovery and it's so nice to see him verbalise his fears... At least when I know how he is feeling I am able to talk them out with him and let him know I am here for him!

* He recently found out his birth family is alive from the earthquake.
* He has a school trip he is nervous about. (I gave him the option to stay home, which helped him enormously)
* Daddy is leaving for a month.
* We are preparing him mentally for a possibility of redoing grade 1

Lots of little stress when you are only 7

__________________________

Tamaya has her dress rehearsal for Ballet today. I will be sure to post pictures of her. Her costume is gorgeous!!!

No comments: