Saturday, November 17, 2007

Good week...

We had a really good week... I actually took time for me during Tamaya's nap and felt refreshed. I put some nice soothing music, wrapped myself up in bed and just had some quiet time myself... and a couple times my relaxing brought me to a nice little snooze level :-). I love getting all snuggled up in my nice comfy blankets and just do absolutely nothing, it gives me such peace and tranquility.

I feel that now that I am aware I have been much more patient and have been taking some time to have special moments with Tamaya. I actually feel like I looked at her differently this week... I had many more awwww moments and I just really enjoyed her company. (more on that in another post)

I have to keep reminding myself that it is still very new... she has only been home a little over 2 months (plus our time together in Haiti), it does feel like she has been home soooo long, like she has always been part of our day to day, how quickly we forget!

Hubby and I have also spent some time talking, it's really nice to express my feelings and talk about how we can make things better!!! A lot of times we just kind of go on with life and neglect each other - not intentionally mind you, we just kind of forget to make time for each other... I feel like we are close again and its really nice.

Ty has had a few good notes from his teacher!!! He seems to be doing really good at school. He had one day where he got a not so nice "we had a hard day today" note, but the next day he was very remorseful and let his teacher know he was very sorry and that he was now ready to be a team!!! :-) After the note, I asked his teacher to call me, she said that besides that incident (I later realised Ty was up in the night!), Ty was a great little student and because of his curiosity and question asking he has helped other student feel as though they can also participate! She also said she finds him very funny :-) He has had a few hard moments at school that really hurt him. The first was a kid in his class called him poop, later I found out he called him poopy head- of course neither of those words are unacceptable, but could also have complete different meanings. I let the teacher know I was concerned and that if she could have a nice conversation about diversity I would greatly appreciate it. She said "of course" and seemed to be right on board with me. After the name calling we talked about how to handle such a situation. We talked about how we can let the name caller know we are NOT a "poopy head" and then let a teacher know right away so that she can deal with it.
So on Friday... he talked about an incident of being called stupid and he did handle the situation very well, but was very hurt.
I love the fact that he expressed his feeling about it and we were able to let him know he did a good job handling the situation.
I miss the little guy when he's gone to school, well wait... I don't miss him in the longing for him kind of way, but I certainly look forward to having him home!

Here are a few pics...

Helping mommy unload the dishwasher

Ty actually requested I take pictures of him and his sister, she's got the whole fake "cheese" going on, do you know how hard it is to take good pictures of 2 kids together.. nearly impossible!

Her bling and shirt match..lol

Cute, cute, cute!!

4 comments:

Billy said...

Aw, they are so cute. And both are growing very fast!

Angela said...

That wonderful. It's neat that it feels as though she has always been a part of the day to day.

Anonymous said...

What amazes me is that you have those decorative long sticks or grasses in the background in your living room and they are still intact - Douby would have used those for a craft or battle by now in my house!! LOL
You have better behaved kids perhaps? or is wrath of Mama that strong?

Billy said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sue!