Monday, September 17, 2007

First day of school...

I expected to be more emotional sending Ty off to school this morning, but I had quite the opposite feeling. ;-) I actually felt a sense of joy and this is probably in part that the morning was stressful to say the least. He certainly fought me and was not cooperative. (more on that later re: the adjustment around here) But we did make it to the bus with time to spare because I introduced the morning sticker reward program. (yeah.. I rock!!!)

We came home, got in the van and met him at school after his bus arrived to make sure he had a good bus ride! It was our little plan for months and I was so glad I was able to follow through on my promise to him. I arrived after he was in the school yard and he was chasing the older girls around.. such a little flirt..lol

So besides that the house is very, very quiet. Tamaya is down for her nap and I can actually hear myself think. I am taking this afternoon easy and will indulge in a little nap. Since coming back home I haven't been sleeping well and my gut is still not right, so I figure a little me time is in order to refresh.







2 comments:

Holly said...

This is the first chance I have had to catch up on your blog. I was in Haiti visiting Wadner and Mia and just got back yesterday. I am soooooo happy that you FINALLY have your little girl home. I love they pictures; she is so adorable. And I love that your boy and girl are together at last. Enjoy this time and congrats!!!

Holly

Billy said...

So sweet!