Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HOME SWEET HOME...

Everything happened so fast these last couple days. On Monday I received news in the afternoon that Tamaya's passport was done. I called American Airlines to book my tickets to come home for Thursday/Friday and was told I no longer had a credit towards my flight because I had not used it within a month (I was told my credit was good for a year!) So I called Air Canada... it was a long shot that I would get on the next day flight, but I would at least try. There was 2 tickets available in first class and I booked them right away. Tuesday morning I ran to the O directors house to get my paper work so that I could apply for her visa and within 20 minutes our lady at the embassy had us good to go with time to spare to catch our flight :-)

When we arrived in CANADA the immigration line was endless and I knew there was NO way I would be able to catch my connecting flight to Ottawa from Montreal. I was determined to get home strait away and managed to catch a last minute bus going from Montreal to Ottawa.

Tamaya and I were greeted at the bus depot at 2am by Ty, Steve and my mom and my aunt Martha!!! I cried like a baby when I held Ty again and my mom held Tamaya. We got home at 4ish and it was nice to finally be home safe and sound.

Tamaya is having her nap. The adjustment to Canadian life has now started for her. The car seats, the pets and just plain ol' being part of of family of four.

I will post pictures in the next day or 2 I am sooooo tired and just running on adrenaline..lol

Thanks again for all of your support and kind words, it was needed and well appreciated.

Sue

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo Yippee YahoooyyEE!!!

It is DONE! FINALLY!! SHE IS HOME!!!

hugs to your WHOLE family...
Patricia

Anonymous said...

GREAT job, Mama Bear. You did it!
Corey

Anonymous said...

WOOHOOO!!!!!!! It's so good to read you're home!!! Thanks for keeping me posted.
I wish you, Steve, Ty and Tamaya all the luck off the world together!!
Yes, please post some pictures from your family after your good sleep ;-)
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

You and your journey has been on my mind and heart for weeks. I respect you so much for your stamina and determination to see this out. Yours was a courageous act. Congratulations. I cannot wait to see the photos.

Candis,
A fellow adoptive mom of a sweet
boy from Ayiti

P.S. Shame on American Airlines. Don't let them off the hook! When you get your energy back, get your money back, too!

Anonymous said...

Everything else--and then a BUS???? Oh, my dear friend, I have tears of joy and tears because of the absurdity of it all!! Give Chantoutou big hugs from Venise and me, have Steve and Ty give you hugs from us, too, and send me your phone number!!! I miss you, roomie!!! Can't wait to hear about HOME!!!
love you!
Laura

Nadia & Peter said...

WHeeeeeeeeeeeeEW!!!!!!! I can only imagine how - once you DO catch your breath and stop pinching yourself - you will be able to relAX and BREATHE. Properly! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT A GIRL! Both of you. And what guys you have too - must be fabulous to be all together! Let the REAL stuff begin!
Love ya,
Nadia

Angela said...

Just found your blog...congrats on the homecoming. It's so good to hear that they do actually come home. Still waiting for mine but am super encouraged to read of a homecoming!!! Can't wait to read more.

Karin's Korner said...

I am so happy for you, I have goosebumps. I have been coming back here daily to check if you had blogged and how close you were to home. How exciting for all of you. Your prayers were finally answered. Much love to all of you and big big big congrats!!!

Billy said...

I am shedding tears of joy for you and your family. Way to go MOM!!!! I am so happy you stuck it out!

salvant7 said...

YEAHHHHH!!!! I am so happy for you! Oh, how I long for the day when my boys are home. You have given me hope that that day does indeed come. She looks so joyful- I will pray that the transition will be easy for you all. Blessings, April