Saturday, September 15, 2007

This is all just sooooo WOW!!!

I am sure the next few weeks I will be blogging like crazy. I feel like I have so much to talk about and let out.

Finally having her home is absolutely fabulous. To wake up and not have to think of "when is my life going to be able to start" is what I have been looking forward to for so long. No adoption stress... just being able to be a parent to 2 and just concentrated solely on them and their needs is so wonderful.

I am so happy I had the chance to do the trauma therapy training. It is helping me understand both of my children so well. Ty is doing great - I have been able to recognise and understanding his needs so clearly. I have been making it a point to spend some extra special time with him while she is napping and/or gone to bed so that we still have "dates" together. Yesterday at nap time, Ty and I went to the barbers to get him his hair cut. Last night after she went to bed we had some "normal routine" snuggle time as well. I am really trying to make sure his adjustments and needs are met and I think I am doing a good job thus far.

I am so happy I got to spend time with Tamaya in Haiti. A whole lot of the key bonding I got to do with her in Haiti. She clearly knows who her maman is and there is no confusion about it...lol I am looking forward to when she is well bonded to Steve as well so I can get away for a few hours for some much needed me time ;-) She knows who papa is, and approaches him slowly. They have had some special moments... but all will come with time. Steve has now started his leave for the next 3 weeks, which will be great to get this bonding/family time on the road!

Tamaya and Ty are so similar in so many ways. They both have very strong personalities... I thought this would be a negative, but I can see how its working out. For example, Ty took a toys from her and she had no problems letting him know that NO it was hers and he backed off..lol Often times a child that is with Ty could potentially just give in and same is true with her... She has no problems letting him know when she is unhappy with the situation, and neither does he. I played referee the first couple days and now they seem to be able to find a way to work things out (with my watchful "hairy" eyeballs of course..lol)

All in all Tamaya is a sweet, loving toddler. She is so full of life, so full of energy, so full of love. Her speech is good (in french) and she is able to communicate with me what she needs. She fully understands me and has since the beginning which has really helped us both. It's actually even helping Ty talk a bit of French again. She is a copycat which is good, she will repeat any words that I ask her to, and even when I don't. Her favorite words to repeat are "relax and calm"..lol and when she says them its too funny. She calls Ty either Tom or Tyrorone..lol
When I give her "THE LOOK" she will often look at me and give kisses in the air... yup, another comedian in the house. I can assure you when those sweet little lips start the muah, muah, muah in the air, all of what she was getting the look for usually is forgotten and brings a laugh out and she knows it works.

My love for her is unbelievable! It's the real deal, the real momma love that she has so deserved for so long and boy oh boy was she ever worth every pain staking moment of this hell of a roller coaster ride. I finally have my 2 children and hubby exactly where they belong, under our roof, in my presence and never ever again will I have to long for the day that my family is complete, because it is... It's done!!! WOW!

4 comments:

salvant7 said...

Thanks for sharing those thoughts. I am so happy for you. I am so glad your roller coaster ride is over and now you can enjoy the cotton candy. :)

April

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your future blogs about "the experience." I know what you mean about setting the stage for father-child bonding. While we were waiting to bring our boy home, I (wisely, for once--lol) insisted my husband go to visit w/o me. I knew I would connect with C because I would be at home with him. The trips made a huge difference. My husband is more like the mommy, and C is a real Daddy's boy.
I am so happy for you and your family, and cannot wait for the adventure to unfold.

Candis

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finally getting your baby girl home. I look forward to reading about the transitions, joys & challenges you will or have faced in both getting T home & now with your family together.

Happy for you,

Laurie in Calgary

Cheryl said...

Congratulations!!!! I come here from time to time, just waiting to hear that you and your daughter have finally united. I couldn't be happier for your family. She is a happy and beautiful girl.