Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hair, Hair, fun hair!...

I did Tamaya's hair yesterday. I think it's the first time I actually had a plan and went with it. I have been having so much fun experimenting and trying out new things, but this time I wanted a style that would last a few weeks (well I hope it does!) Last week I did coils, but they lasted a day, and had to be refreshed everyday... just maintaining the coils took 30 minutes a day to get a week out of it. Trial and error I guess ;-)

These cornrows took me about 4 hours. The longest part of it is separating the initial rows, the actually braiding is easy. I broke it up for her. I was just about done the top when it was time to get Ty off the bus, so we finished it after supper with a 15 minute play break! I am amazed at how long she sits there without complaining!?! Towards the end she was getting sick of it, but when I explained it wouldn't be too much longer then she could have a sticker and candy she was good to go.



2 comments:

Billy said...

Wow! You are really talented. I can't braid worth a darn. She's a beautiful little lady!

Angela said...

That looks great. I got to attempt my daughter's hair on a recent trip to Haiti. I have a lot to learn. It definitely takes lots of patience. Good job!!!