Monday, October 22, 2007

Normalcy awwwww....

OH my... where do I start. On the weekend we went to the annual pumpkin patch. It's a get-together of families that have adopted from Haiti and other parts of the Caribbean. It was so nice to see my old friends, as well as meet new faces.

Ty is still talking about it and I really think it helped him put a few pieces together and not feel so alone (or not belonging) He was very interest in his new friend Douby while we were out for dinner and commented that he had the same hair.
Tamaya was so excited when she saw her little buddy Andreas. They had been living together at the orphanage for the past couple years. She immediately recognized him and just LOVED being with him the whole time. Ironically Andreas and Tamaya both came home the same day and on the same plane. I had gone on a couple visit trips to Haiti with Ruth (Andreas mom) and we often joked that the kids would come home the same day - I never thought it would really happen!

Here is a pic of Tamaya and Andreas together in Haiti!

Tamaya and one of her nannies on one of our visits back to the Orphanage

This is a pic of Tamaya the week we left. I find she looks so much younger?


______________________________________

On other news; I have my web business up and running. I have a few minor details to work out, but check it out. I am only going to be selling to Canada, but for my American and other country readers you can still order from the US site ;-) www.snapaholics.com/ca I will also "hair-blog" and will let you all know when I have that up and running :-)
_______________________________________
This next week is going to be super busy. I am doing back-up childcare. I am "testing" it out and if all works out I will start my daycare again. Unfortunately my parental leave was Pre-Tamaya arrival and now I have to get real and make some money to pay some bills :-) Freaken bills eh!
My plan (and I use the word "plan" word very lightly) is to get an album of picture of my Haiti trip up this week.
Besides all that life is well. The kids are doing really good. I'm happy to report I haven't had a laundry problem since my arrival.
I am doing good and life here is "normal" WOW :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

make sure you check out Linda's photo album from the PP - she has a couple of cute photos of your kids!

That was fun but very chaotic!!

Anonymous said...

Nice! We are adopting from Haiti as well. We plan to visit in November to get things moving along. We've been matched for over 2 years. Candis recommended that we contact you... Could you please email me at Tony.Lee@united.com? I'd like to ask for some advice before we leave. Sorry, I don't see another way to contact you.

Regards - Tony