Monday, October 08, 2007

Just babbling...

It looks like I am becoming a once/twice a week blogger. At this point that seems to be the only time I've got... and even then I usually start a post that ends up in my drafts never to be seen again... (this post in particular was started this morning, and posted late evening...lol)

I have been trying to read my favorite blogs, but it seems my computer time has been slightly altered :-) Maybe once Steve is back to work this week I will have more time during nap time to get on here!


As far as "adjustment" is going, Ty had his worst meltdown yet. It was like nothing I've ever seen him do before. Maybe it's because I haven't had to deal with them in so long, but in a nutshell it lasted at least an hour, he was hitting, biting, kicking, swearing... you name it he was doing it. I had to physically restrain him, and it ended with him bumping his head on the door hinge while he was jumping, to finally shake him out of it! He ran into my arms as he needed his mommy because he was hurt, but in the meantime he was still trying to push me away. He finally sat there and cried. I sat close to him to reassure him that if he needed maman I was there with him. I had a cry. When he acts like that I feel like there is nothing I can do and it hurts me to no end. I wish I could just understand what he is feeling deep down and "fix" it for him.

Besides that episode...


We had our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. I haven't done a turkey yet, and don't have any plans to make one anytime soon..., I do little whole chickens. It gives us more than enough meat for supper, and enough for sandwiches the next day. The kids both ate a whole adult plate - full of chicken, potatoes, stuffing, butternut squash tarts and pea's & carrots. I couldn't believe the quantity they both consumed, plus they both had desert!


Ty is doing great with his sister. I would say that 99% of the time they actually get along and want to be with each other. It's such a wonderful, beautiful thing to see their love grow... I love when she calls him "Tynonone", he laughs and repeats it. It's too cute!


Tamaya's such a ham, she has been "testing" mommy. At this point she is super easy to parent. A usual "do you need a time out", or " if you do that again you will have a time out" is enough for her to listen... however, it's not like that all the time ;-), but when I do have to give her a time out she does it gracefully and doesn't fight it. Ty has more of a problem when I discipline her than she does. - go figure.


Today was clean up day and the kids helped out and were so great. Ty helped to emptied the garbage, then went and got his toy vacuum and went all over the house. Tamaya had a rag and "dusted" with mommy. She helped to do the beds and while I was folding the laundry she put the socks together. She actually folded the socks together... I couldn't believe it.


I am going to head to bed, for real this time ;-) Here are a few pics of the kids from the weekend.



Making their money boxes...




Tamaya coloring...

Eating a tart...
Fun tub time, plus hair washing...



1 comment:

Billy said...

I love it when you post pictures of the kids. Tamaya has already grown so much! As for the posts, I understand how busy you are. Post when you can. It's always a pleasure to read about you and your life. Have a great weekend Sue!