Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Laundry... a thing of the past, well for now!!!

I am proud to announce that yesterday my laundry disaster ended!!! I just shot all the laundry in garbage bags, brought them to the dump and bought new!

OK.... well that's not exactly what happened, but it did cross my mind. I did my million loads, folded them all and even put them away.

I got my house back in order and it feels GREAT!!! I even found the time to putter in Tamaya's room and today I went shopping for some last minute things I need for her. I bought her another couple pairs of shoes (the girl needs shoes!!!, many, many shoes!!!..lol), some diaper shirts because she is able to undress and until her "parasites" are taken care of the diaper MUST stay on!!! I bought a waterproof mattress cover for her temporary playpen bed, I have the sheets for it in the dryer as we speak so EVERYTHING is ready for her now... even to the last little detail!!! Now all we need is the baby!!! Our perfect baby!!!

I am so glad I spent the week there...I miss her immensely, but I am so grateful I got to know her. I had so many unanswered questions about her. I was so afraid of "the character" that was often mentioned in my up-dates, but she only needed boundaries and once she knew I meant what I said she was more than ok with it... it even strengthened our bond. She was smaller than I expected. She is just growing into size 2 clothes... so no returning clothes. She actually still fits well in 18 months. Her hair is no longer "scary" she has soft curls and it was so easy to comb through. She is still very snugly... I was afraid she was going to be toooo independent... BUT nope she is a well rounded child and I look forward to her adjustment, our adjustment. I am SOOOO READY!!!

1 comment:

Nadia & Peter said...

Sue - you are too funny! I was about to do the same with all OUR laundry, since you had just given me license to do so.... but then you took it away!! :-( Oh well, back to reality! I am so excited for your girl to be home - character and all! You'll all be GREAT!
Nadia