Friday, April 06, 2007

New house???....

Steve is getting the itch. It seems Steve and I go through spurts of wanted to upgrade to a bigger home with more of what we "wish" we had. When we bought this home it was a great starter. We got it dirt cheap, it was newer and in a great neighbourhood. Now we find ourselves wanting more of those extras.

We have a few homes we are going to see tomorrow. I think it will either put us back into reality, or take the plunge. We are looking at a few options. A) move into something else, B) build new, C) look at expanding(adding a second level and gutting the main floor / adding our wants here.

I guess the main goal is to make sense of it all. I feel I am all over the place with it. I love this home, but there is so many things I want to change about it. The kitchen (the cheapest melamine cupboards were installed by the previous owner and I HATE them), we NEED a garage, want a deck, fence, paved driveway... we will have to start putting money in to it soon, new front windows, new furnace/hot water tank....and even if we were to add all those things to it... we would still be lacking the extra square footage. Man oh man..lol

I think I have a plan???!!!!??? you see this blog sometimes helps me put my thoughts together...lol... If we were to call a contractor/architect we can find out if we can eventually add a second floor... then at least we can build the garage this summer with the plan of eventually being able to expand on living space.

Oh well... I guess at some point we will make up our mind and do something..lol For now it's a thought, it may end up turning into something... or we may end up staying put. Who knows!!! Buying this house was scary enough... now thinking bigger (more expensive) is even scarier and so hard to make the right choice. I certainly don't want to be mortgage poor, (not that we would, but the thought is so scary!)

While checking out the market I found my dream home...lol.. I would need to win the lotto... but check this sucker out. CLICK HERE. I girl can dream right!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

all I can say is...slap!
"Being away from home and in a 3rd world country sucks..lol. I'm not ready to be packing my bags and moving anytime soon. It's amazing how much you appreciate what you have when you see such extreme poverty. If I ever complain again about my tiny house or of any of the luxuries I have, please remind me to check my mental stability and give me a reality check. (even if this consist of a slap upside the head!!!)"
wow, that lasted a long time - almost a week! lol

Sue said...

OK.. OUCH!!!..lol. My bad!

I just wrote the "new house" post to see if anyone was paying attention???? (Not really, but...it does seem like a good excuse doesn't it;-)

Ok... now I'm going to go hide in the corner and cry 'cause I feel like a schmuck...LOL

Holly said...

Well, the dream house is beautiul, I do have to say. But like you, I would need to win the lotto in order to EVER be able to buy a house like that. And yes, a girl can dream :) Good luck with the house hunting!

Holly