Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I've got wheels again...

My life is changing right before my eyes. I have my van back. I have my freedom back. Being house bound was less than desirable. I *ALMOST* forgot what it was like to be free.

The truck has finally been at the mechanics and is working. I am hoping the truck stays "healthy" enough to get us through the summer months. I would HATE to have 2 vehicle payments, but ol' Betsy has seen better days. Our once new and good looking truck is looking worn, and old. She is rusting, she has lost her heat and voice (radio) She has a lot of issues. She has certainly seen better days and is in need of some MAJOR TLC. I think it's time Steve learns to be a mechanic?!? Maybe once he gets his garage he can tinker around with her... HINT HINT.

If there was one thing I could change about my dear husband it would be that he would be a little more handy. (It's the big joke around here, he is perfect for me in every other way, but he is certainly lacking the skills of a handy man... he often joke about trading me in at 40 for 2 - 20 yr old's and I joke about trading him in for a handy man.)
I come from a family of tradesmen. My grandfather is/was a carpenter, my father is an electrician, my uncle is a architect and contractor. Everyone seems to know how to do things... Jack of all trades. My hubby, well, he has no desire or know how and I have lots of ideas :-) I guess you can even go as far as saying that I am handier than him, and that's pretty bad. If we lived closer to our family this would all be a non-issue 'cause my daddy could do it all for us, or at least show Steve how to do it... right daddy??... (when are you coming dad? Have I told you how much I love you dear daddio!)

No comments: