Thursday, May 10, 2007

No news yet...

Still no news, but a couple days ago I had a nice cry while talking with Steve and it relieved a whole lot of pressure. I have been feeling refreshed and hopeful again. I am too calm right now which is really nice. I guess I'll be good for another couple weeks ;-)

Our orphanage director has now authorised us to get our government involved in getting some resolution to this problem. There is a group of us Ontarians part of a can-Caribbean group that are going to lobby on this side with letters and phone calls.

This is a really "hard" thing for me. During the end of Ty's adoption we tried so hard to get help from our government. We had local MP's involved, immigration, the media, etc. involved. All we needed was Ty's Canadian Visa so that he could come home. He was legally ours, had his Haitian passport and NO ONE COULD or WOULD help us (the Canadian Embassy in Haiti was closed and the workers evacuated out)... Haiti was in the middle of coup d'etat/civil unrest. So as much as I believe a joint effort is great, I also don't want to relive the disappointments we endured when we had to go through that mess... I will certainly do my part.. send the letters, make my phone calls in hopes it may make a difference, but I just don't want to be consumed with it all. I guess once bitten twice shy!

_______________________________
On another note... Ty has been doing better at t-ball.. Not a pro yet, but certainly learning the rules of the game!

Today we had a really nice day with his nursery school. They had a visit at the fire station that TY LOVED!!! He was so cute getting dressed up kid size fireman gear, assisting the firefighter with the hose, going for a ride in the firetruck... It was priceless!
He had noticed the firefighter had a Canadian flag on his uniform and told him" my daddy has a Canada too, but my daddy is a soldier, and he was in Afghanistan. My daddy is a hero and YOUR NOT!!!" OH MY GOSH CHILD!?! OK, so I chuckled, then he was explained that they were hero's too..lol

We had such a nice mommy and Ty day today!

__________________________

I've been slacking on the blog and I apologize... I just been deep in thought and trying to resolved a lot of issues in my head about my life, the adoption, blah, blah blah... I don't want this blog to become an adoption complaining, pity me journal of useless garble.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Hey look... Blogs can be for whatever purpose you need it for so don't apologise for anything. :-)

I truly hope things will work out for you. Don't lose hope!

Happy Mothers Day! :-)