Sunday, March 18, 2007

3 more sleeps...

I accomplished packing today... I'm just about done. I have a few things that I need to wash/fold to add to my suitcase. What a difference another piece of luggage makes when trying to pack clothes, donations and Tamaya stuff. I have a suitcase full of snacks for the kiddoes, and a couple treats for us ladies. I also have my carry on "mini" suitcase with all Tamaya's homecoming stuff plus toys for her and outfits for there.. I really enjoyed packing it. Then last but not least my clothes one. :-)

Tamaya's suitcase is ready... ready, like really ready to come home and all..I REALLLLLY hope she can come home with me. I'm really trying to be realistic that she may not, but darn it would be so nice to finally see an end to this loooooonnnnnnnnggggggg journey. I know it's possible so I will just keep wishing that it all falls together while I am there.

The "RUBBERMAID" (yup I'm doing a stinking rubbermaid!) is filed. (Monday I am supposed to received the plastic covers for the cotton diapers) My travel partner and I have decided to split the cost between the 2 of us and Marijke was so appreciative.

Marijke is 60ish, she is from the Netherland. She has a foundations that provides schooling to Haitian children. I believe she has started 4-5 schools. She is so amazing, I can't help but smile when I think of what a great soul she is. She opened her home as a "foster parent" to about 20 children because the orphanages were too full from all the longer wait times for the paperwork to be processed. I am truly honored to have become quite close to her throughout Tamaya's adoption. She has been so wonderful at documenting all of Tamaya's milestones. Every time she did anything new and wonderful I would get an e-mail. It was truly priceless to have such a great contact. I never felt like I missed anything. At least with this adoption I can say that I never worried once about my daughters well being. I never worried that she wasn't getting all of her needs met. All the nannies and staff at Marijke's are so nice as well. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the friends I had made last year...

I did nothing other than pack today. Well....the normal everyday stuff. My legs are still hairy, I have a little laundry back-up starting. I am really trying hard not to get overwhelmed. My main goal of packing is at least DONE and now even if the laundry is not finished I really don't care because I won't have to look at it...lol

I really just want to spend the next couple days hanging with Ty and Steve.. the rest is just all minor details..lol.. well except the legs, those need to be done for sure or I will have a major complex considering I have packed mostly skirts and capris..lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Well have fun on your trip! It will be great for mom and daughter to have that special time together! I will be thinking of you and have you all in my prayers! Tell Steve and big guy Tye hi from us! Love you! Nancy