Friday, March 16, 2007

4 more days...

WOW, I seem to have accomplished so much in the last couple days.

I closed my totals for 2006 for my daycare. I still have some bookkeeping left to do, but at least all my families have their receipts/totals. I just have to total my expenses and I am DONE, once I get home we will file our taxes!!!

I have finished part A of Ty's therapy. I may decide to continue on to B and C... but at least for now I am done with the obligatory in class sessions.. And proud to say I have no lingering homework for the class.

Groceries are done for the week that I will be gone.

My house is still half decent, I still have been *trying* to stick to my daily schedule and it has been working GREAT.

Bills are all paid to ZERO..lol... When it comes to me and our monthly bills and actually paying them I am the worst. ( remember...lol...I don't view money (or bills) as important things in my life.) I get to them every other month. This time we were pushing the 3 month mark and I started getting "THE" calls. It's never been a lack of money, it's pretty much been a matter of time to actually sit there and figure it all out. I could put everything on automatic withdrawal from our account, but then *THEY* would have control of when I pay them..lol I do pay all the "important" ones on time thought, vehicle, mortgage and rarely hold a balance on my credit cards so our credit is not affected.

Besides that I am still HIGH!!!... I am so excited to go be with my baby. Wow. I can't wait to see her again, I know she has changes so much in the past year since my last visit.

I can't wait to hold her. I can't wait to see how she will react to me. I do anticipate some shyness from her. My plan is not to overwhelm her with me presence, but slowly engage in one on one. I really have no grand expectations about our reunion, I certainly want to let her call the shots on how comfortable she is, and I will follow her lead as far as how much interaction she allows in the first couple days.

When I went last year she was unsure of me for the first hug/mommy in awwww tears. It took her a day to smile at me and by day 2 if I was away from her she would look for me. By day 3 if I put her down she would cry... that was my cue to back off. I spend a lot of time just watching her from afar and let her do her own thing. I didn't want her to feel "hurt" when I would no longer be around... or maybe it was for me not to get to close???

I'm going to hit the hay and get some much needed sleep. I have a few things I need to get done tomorrow. I am realllly trying not to procrastinate so I can have a couple days to spend with Ty and Steve before I leave.

TO DO tomorrow...

- completely pack
- shave hairy legs
- dye hair (optional, maybe while shaving legs???? hit 2 birds with one stone..lol)
- give the house a once over
- get her bed made, as well as disinfect/set up playpen.

2 comments:

Jodi Renshaw said...

Sue,
I need to bottle up some of your energy. You go girl :)
Love,
Jodi

Billy said...

Just don't shave your head and dye your hairy legs. Uh-oh! Have a wonderful and safe trip. Hurry back soon.