Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Cute Ty...

My son, my son, my son....

We were out today and he saw a very pregnant lady. He said "oh mom, her belly is huge", I explained that she had a baby in her belly. He proceeded to ask "WHY?" I then told him she was pregnant. He went up to her and said " You have a baby in your belly? She answered that yes she was going to have a baby boy. "oh, and is he going to be coming out of your vagina?" I just about died.. What a kid man.

A few days ago he asked me how babies came out. So I thought I would go the honest way... but man oh man.

NOTE TO SELF... Do not leave television on The Learning Channel (baby story) and assume he is watching cartoons... toooo much explaining and a potential embarrassment!!!!

--------------------------------------------

These last few days I swear I have been high on life! High on knowing this beautiful adoption is coming to an end and even more than anything, knowing that just in a few days I will be holding my princess and getting to know her again.

I have been busy collecting donations to bring with me. I really didn't want to bring a Rubbermaid with me, (they are so darn bulky and awkward) but it looks like I will have to bring my 3 luggage max that I was trying to avoid. Marijke is in desperate need of cotton diapers and covers. I have managed to find some and bought 100 inserts and ordered 50 plastic covers that I am really hoping will arrive Monday before I leave. My dentist gave me a couple dozen toothbrushes, I have crib sheets as well as a whole bunch of sippy cups. I have so many other odds and sods that I had previously packed, but will have to somehow pack in order of importance.

My plan is to blog while I am away. I will send Steve my posts by e-mail and he can copy, paste them on to blogger. I really don't know how much actual time I will have on-line so you may get a readers digest version of my activities, but I will be sure to journal my thoughts in detail once I am home. This time there will be no "hitchhiking Haitian style", I am hoping this experience will be less "exciting" than the last..lol

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

re luggage: when Marcia went to Haiti I sent down a bunch of toys in a duffle bag - I bought one quite cheaply ($30) from Zellers and it even had wheels and a pull out handle. It packed well since it had soft sides and I coudl cram a lot into it. Might be worth a look - plus it was cheap enough that if she did not want to bring it back I did not care.
Only a few more days!!

Sue said...

THANKS for that info!!! I will certainly look for something like it. GREAT IDEA!

YES... 5 more sleeps.. YIPPPEEE!!!

Dave said...

It is great to hear that you are high on life... Keep on going... it gets even better! :-)

Billy said...

This is the first time I have visited your blog and I am so sorry I have missed out. What beautiful children! I have not been able to read any archives, but if you don't mind shooting me an email about how you came to adopt Ty, I would love to read about it. Or, just let me know what post I could go to. I am so glad I visited! I will be back.

Sue said...

Hi Abbagirl, thanks for stopping by and enjoying it :-) I do have how we came to adopt posts part 1, 2, and 3 in the archives. It has truly been a wonderful way to form our family. I really have been blessed and so lucky to be their mommy.

Part 1 - http://sue-memyselfandty.blogspot.com:80/2006/09/how-we-came-to-adopt-part-1.html

Part 2 Ty - http://sue-memyselfandty.blogspot.com/2006/09/how-we-came-to-adopt-ty-part-2.html

Part 3 Tamaya - http://sue-memyselfandty.blogspot.com/2006/09/how-we-came-to-adopt-tamaya-part-3.html

Have a great day,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Visit www.theclothing.net to buy Top Secret, Beauty, Outerwear, Prom Dresses by edressMe, Hollywood Hook Up, Sandals, Pillows, Fashion Accessories, Libertas, Alana Java Satchel Handbag by Nicole Miller, Mori Lee, Sherri Hill, Day to Night, Delphine Murat, Ema Savahl, Day to Night, Petite Clothing on sale designed by Penny Loves Kenny, Basta Surf, Lisa Stewart Jewelry, AG Adriano Goldschmied, Dolan, Add Down, Vanessa Bruno - always on sale!