Friday, March 02, 2007

He's home...

I figured Steve's flight would have been delayed again. I called the base last night and the guy really had no clue.. So I figured I would get some sleep and if Steve needed me to come get him he would call me.. right? I awoke a few times making my sleep very interrupted and not really restful. I awoke at 6:30am with Ty and decided to call the deployment centre around 7ish.. they said that the guys were due to arrive in 45 minutes.. OH MY.. rush, rush, rush.. I called my girlfriend and convinced myself because of the weather I had lots of time. I decided to have a coffee, sit and talk with her on the phone... no stress...lol

Then my friend (The one I was on the phone, got a call from someone we know from the deployment centre and told her to let me know Steve was already on base... OOOPS... and she offered to bring him home with the duty van (military van) I thought...hmmm, by the time I drive all the way to base in a storm he could be home... soooo...lol... He came home in the duty van with our neighbour that was also coming home today!

No stress..lol.

Ty's therapy was cancelled today due to the weather so it looks like I will postpone my travels to Haiti to the 20th 27th.. Ty's home-coming date was the 27th of March... :-) He has already been home close to 3 years... WOW, How cool is that if they have the same homecoming date! Plus the bonus about the 27th, it's also my parents wedding anniversary!

Things are great on the home front. Ty has been exceptionally wonderful. He hasn't any tantrums at all for at least a month. He has even given himself a time-out a few times..lol.
It was so cute when he saw his daddy pull into the drive way. :-)

I am at a very peaceful place about life. I have really decided stressing over stuff is REALLY not worth my time and energy. Instead I am focusing on my blessings and appreciating. I have been enjoying nesting/preparing. Yesterday I washed up some of her jammies and socks.. it was so cool to fold them all up. In a couple days I will spend some time in her room and get things really ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!
Makes me very happy to see you so happy, Sue.
WELCOME HOME STEVE!!! I know you'll enjoy your time off with Sue and Ty and soon Tamaya.
Take care guys!

Love and hugs,

Sylvie_M