Friday, March 02, 2007

In awe...

Pinch me... is this all real?

My hubby is back... !!!! His presence in the house is so comforting. When he walked in the door it felt like he had never left. It just feels so natural to have our love and laughter back. I can see our adjustment period.. "reintegration" going smoothly. He actually used it as an excuse for a couple things...lol.. I asked him how long this reintegration is "supposed" to take and he said 1-3 months... Jeeezzz did I ever laugh because he had that look in his eyes... the one he always has when he is fibbing. I asked him if this excluded shores and he said "yup"..lol.. I told him he was pretty funny, because according to my watch he would be lucky if he got away with no shores/responsibilities for a couple days! WELCOME HOME BABY!!!.. :-)

Steve is such a laid back kind of guy. He just goes with the flow, nothing in the world bothers him. The contentment in his eyes of just being with us really warmed my heart. Gosh I love him so much and knowing I can just hugs him and be with him feels so nice.

I have been having so much fun just watching Ty take it all in. Tonight Steve and Ty set up a "man" date to watch some hockey tomorrow night. Ty came to me and said "mom, daddy and I are going to watch hockey.. Daddy does NOT like Dr.Phil, and I don't eiver (either)"

Tonight we had fun baking cookies together as a family after our BIG dinner. Ty enjoyed some raw batter and it was to cute to see the mess of cookies scattered all over the cookie sheet. (don't think I got all fancy and have started real baking..lol.. Pillsbury!)

I have had so many people see such a huge difference in me lately. I really have my happy self back. It's so nice to have that umph back. That knowing that everything is alright and everything is coming together. I have received the tools I needed to reinforce my relationship with my hurt boy. I am so happy to have that therapy available in this area. My hubby is home and my baby girl is on her way... what more can I ask for.. Life is GRAND!!! Thank goodness all my stressers were temporary!

I have also "surprised" Steve today by telling him I'm getting him a "new to him" dodge truck and that he can start looking! He humoured me today because he knows I love, love, love yellow vehicles and he found a yellow rumble bee dodge ram in our price range.. Hit 2 dreams with one stone?!? :-) I am totally in, and I did express that his snowmobile would match it very nicely.


I would also really recommend the movie/book the secret that was featured on Oprah.. HONESTLY, it is so GOOD and so powerful!

It is really about choice, about beliefs and how we really have the ability to make anything and everything happen in our lives. I must admit it rang true to me on so many levels... so so many levels.

No comments: