Tuesday, March 06, 2007

FREEEEZING...

Oh my gosh, it's freezing out there. it's -28 and with the windchill -38... what happened to spring? At least in the midst of the cold there is a nice bright blue sky!

This morning found me up super early. "Joy de vive???" or the wonderful smell of fresh coffee brewing...

I was up just after 6, I decided to shower right away because I seem to get more done when I get that over with. I have a few odds and ends I want to get done today, but most of all I want to spend some time in Tamaya's room packing and preparing. I still haven't reschedule my flight for the 20th. I know realistically it makes more sense to go the week later, however if I find out this week she is out... I may just have to hop on the plane..lol (I will wait until later this week to reschedule :-)

Steve took the van to work today and because of this freezing weather I have decided to keep Ty home from nursery school. Steve's truck hasn't been driven in 6 months and I would hate to have to have to break down in this way too cold weather with Ty.

Ty had a hard time seeing Steve go to work this morning. He was afraid daddy would be gone for a while again. I did explain that he would be home around lunch time which seemed to help him. Poor little guy. I'm sure this must be so confusing for him. But at least once Steve arrives he will see that he came back.

Oh my... My dear hubby is too funny. The other night while we were all at the table eating diner I commented to Steve how nice his tan was. We compared "colour" and he pipes up "you guys are so white" I burst out laughing.. Ok there Steve, sorry about your luck, but your dear son has and will always have a nicer tan than you..lol.. I still chuckle at that slip. I, on the other hand am really looking forward to some Haitian sun. My skin is tooooo white (almost blue) and this winter cold is making it crack and dry... some nice sun always helps my skins moisture :-) I am not one to bask in the sun, I much prefer the shade, but a couple little rays feel good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cold here too - feels like Deep! But of course here we have to shut down major arteries because of falling ice....
Glad to hear 3/4 of your family is together again! I was wondering how long Steve would get to be off and you just answered that - end of april - cool!
Now all you need is that phone call/e-mail that will make your family complete!!
Enjoy the family time...

Patricia