Saturday, March 03, 2007

My many blessings...

I had *almost* forgotten how much Steve really added to our household. I couldn't of asked for a better hubby and father to our children. He is such a great dad and has really just fallen back into his role as daddy. WOW!!!! My hubby is amazing. I have a lump in my throat... it so surreal! I just look at him and get a "WOW" feeling.

This morning he got up with Ty, then he went and got me a yummy coffee. We had a nice chat this morning and I gave him a quick rundown on the "changes" I have made in parenting with the trauma therapy. I love the way Steve really respects my ability to parent and has always been so supportive and on board! It's all those little moments of togetherness that mean so much to me. Our little rituals are all falling back into place. Our Saturday morning ritual of coffee, and chats are back and I'm really enjoying basking in the newness of our rekindled love.

My boys are outside as we speak just puttering. I hear the engine of Steve's snowmobile and his plan is to get all of his toys up and running today. His truck needs a new battery so I'm sure that's on his list of things to get as well.

We had a cute talk about of our new addition. Steve still needs to get her named tattooed on his arm as well. He put a lot of thought into it. He will put her name on his other arm with her astronomy sign faded in the background. He had also decided to add our children's birth dates and homecoming dates. I know it's just a tattoo and all, but just the fact that his children mean so much to him and that he has put so much time and thought into making them so special is just so amazing to me! It *almost* makes me want to get one in their honor as well... maybe someday! Something a little more girlie of course!

I feel like myself again after so long and I am loving it. The joy is beaming off me. My heart is so content, my mind is so free of stress and I am loving all these wonderful, beautiful changes in my life. I must admit Tamaya coming home at this time is so GREAT for her, for us. I am very happy we had some delays, it will only make her transition into our home that much better. I am so ready to be her mom and I am able to now give her the love, attention and stability she needs. I finally received the gift of understanding my son, my children and their needs... and totally see what they needs from me!

Ty is such a changes little boy. He is no longer needing to lash out. He is feeling understood and I'm sure having a even keyed, happy mom has help him tremendously. I am having so much fun parenting him again. I am enjoying him so... and I know I have enough love in my heart to nurture my 2 sweeties!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.