Tuesday, February 27, 2007

WOW..






So much has happened in the last few days...

Hubby is doing well. He is enjoying being OUT of Afghanistan and decompressing in LUXURY! Talk about a beautiful place. Steve said I would love it... so in 2010 I am going to go with him for our honeymoon ;-)
His room overlooks the pool and the mediterranean! He said the food was exquisite. (well really he said the food was "great", but I wanted to use a fancy word..lol)
Only a couple days left and he will be home. His flight was delayed for 24 hours... What a bummer... lol.. Like that would be hard to take, another night in a 5 star :-)
Things are going great on the adoption front. I was feeling down, but managed to pick myself up. I managed to vent and wrote my adoption people a letter letting them know that unless they have GREAT news to share I didn't want to hear it..lol. I just want to focus on all that is good with this beautiful ending. I have decided to make a few inner mind changes. I will only focus on the positive. I will watch everything fall into place and enjoy preparing/nesting. I am going to see my wish come true and I FEEL it in my heart that it is so so soon... I will focus on the positives and beauty of what is happening.
I love you Tamaya... Maman's coming to hold you my baby girl!!!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MY tax dollars at work??

Wow what a beautiful hotel! And full of hunky soldiers too - what could be better??

Gald to hear you are in a "happy place" right now - good mood for getting Steve home!

The party was lots of fun on Sat - next time I want the whole family to come!!!

Patricia

Sue said...

Yup our tax dollars at work ;-) Well deserved.. Usually throughout the tour the boys are sent on 2 R&R's, with a choice of a few countries but this tour they worked 24/7 without any days off.

Yeah I'm thinking the view would have been very beautiful..lol

I can't even explain how much I am in a good mood.. I got my happy spunk back. I have to laugh though at the fact that I let everything get to me... I usually have the ability to shake it off and move on... Well I guess I did, but it took a little to do.

I will certainly be at the next party with my whole family. It will be awesome to see you all. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new faces!

By the way... THANK YOU!!! for being a great friend throughout my hard time. You have been very supportive and I really appreciate that!

Sue

Anonymous said...

I don't begrudge them the luxury after the 6 months plus of hardship they have endured - there's no life like it. But it must seem a bit surreal to Steve to go from army cot to 5 star hotel! So he comes home in a couple of days??? I know two people that will be thrilled!

I also know how isolating Chalk River is - good friends nearby but not many adoptive families to lean on. Thank goodness for the internet! I think while i waited I would have gone nuts if I hadn't had the lists to read daily (hourly??)

I am glad you are calm again - you will still get the highs and lows until you hold her in your arms but soon you will have Steve to keep you on an even keel (or be rocking your boat so much you won't have time to worry!!)

Hugs to Ty - any tantrums lately?

Patricia