Thursday, February 01, 2007

One month to go...

Only a month left of this deployment and I will have my hubby home :-) It feels like it's taking forever. It's nice that it will be over and done with soon enough.

Ty is REALLY missing Steve. Well me too, but it cuts much deeper when I hear my little guy asking me questions...

The other day he asked me "why does papa have to be in Afghanistan?" I tried to make it as cool as possible for him. I explained that daddy was there to get the bad guys and that he was a hero.. He said "a super hewwo ?" I said " Yup.. your daddy is a hero and is getting the bad guys so we can be safe." He then proceeded to say that when he is big he will be a soldier too... and you know, what ever he chooses to be will be OK by me.

Today was quite the day... I'm starting to think my nap elimination was a silly plan... I will try again tomorrow and see where it brings me. Today was a very busy day and I think Ty got so over tired that it was to much for him to handle. I also think he would have been ready to go to bed for the night at 5:30-6:00. He had nursery school this morning and then we went for about an hour plus walk in the afternoon... I will have to try to keep his activity level down for a few days and maybe stimulate him more after supper. He started getting silly on the walk and I was debating putting him down for a nap, but I thought I would be tough..lol.. Yeah well I paid the price tonight. I will look at this as temporary and if in a week this schedule is not working I will try and tweak it a little... I may actually try and put him down earlier 6:30ish and see if that works out better for him. If he is going to continue sleeping 13 hour nights that would work... but it could back fire and get him up to early that he may really need a nap.. Oh I guess I will have to review my manual and see what it suggests.. HA!

I had the oil tank/water heater guy over today :-( we will have to replace our stinking water tank. Every time I use the hot water there is a residue in it... the water tank guy said it was more than likely water residue build up and or rust. I'm not going to worry about it until Steve is home and we can look at out options. We may even just switch to gas if it makes sense financially???

I feel like this blog has been all over the place. When I am tired I babble and you have now all been privy to that!!! I think I burned myself out as well with all the daily activities.

No comments: