Thursday, February 01, 2007

Good morning...

It's a beautiful morning. My Ty is sleeping full nights and so am I.

Ty has been trying to eliminate his naps and has been in the vicious cycle of napping one day and not the other. ( because of his obvious all nighters) Of course when he does not nap he gets CRANKY when he gets tired around 5. This is when I put my "patience hat" on and give it another go. I force him to stay up I keep him super duper busy and force him to stay up until 7. It has obviously worked because this is day 2 and he is still sleeping and was NOT up during the night for 2 nights now. I actually had to wake him up this morning at 8:30...SO hopefully with a very strict sleeping routine I can get this to be his "new" normal schedule... wish me luck.. ;-)

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is the end of his all nighters because I really don't know if I can do anymore of them.. I am refreshed and honestly back at a very stress free time in my life. I still have some obvious hurts about the whole thing, I feel like I need the trauma therapy.

Jeeezzzz it stills blows my mind. I guess if it didn't bother me deep down I wouldn't be normal.. right? I have always been a very proud mom, and lately that's all I have been... a mom. And to have my parenting questioned HURT, it embarrassed me, it was a slap in the face, my pride shattered. I have since picked myself up... got my pride back and am the GOOD mom that I have always been. Like I have said I have always been my own worst enemy when it came to parenting because it is so complex. When I am not a "prefect" parent by being cool, calm and collected 24-7 I judge myself. I feel I am not allowed to be less than perfect.

But it's OK. This experience has really made me look deep down.. it has brought on a different confidence in me. I do not spank my child, I do not abuse or neglect him. He has a devoted family willing to do absolutely everything in our power to advocate for him and give him the best life we possibly can... So... in a nutshell I am a damn good mom and everything is alright.

I have gone from "oh well, someone was concerned and they made the call out of love" to HOLLY CRAP.. Thank god I don't know who this schmuck is that called because I am ready to show up at their house at 4am with a child not being able to fall back to sleep and b*tch slap them)

I know I did nothing wrong and that the worker pretty much apologized for coming, but it was the way I felt inside. The way I felt like someone took all I was away. The way I had to sit there and try to prove to this man that I was the best mother I can be... all while being an emotional wreck because he was in my "messy" home!

Well I better get going... I have to get Ty ready for nursery school and come back and fold some laundry.. HAHAHA! At least now my house is back in order and I have my spirit back!!!

Again THANK YOU all for your support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo!! Mommy knows best!!

Patricia