Thursday, February 22, 2007

This and that...

About Steve:

My honey called last night... He had not called in about 4 days, but had wrote me an e-mail a few days back saying that it was a zoo on camp with the new people coming in and of course this tour starting to makes it's way home. Last night I awoke to his call at 12:30 am. My dear hubby had been in bed for 3 days straight!!! He shot out his back again and re-injured his hamstring. WILL HE EVER LEARN???? He was playing ball hockey and he wasn't even healed from the last 2 painful blows... I asked him if those 3 days in bed made him realise how silly that was... Now, he is injured and it will take some time for him to heal up of course and he will probably be UNABLE to enjoy his snowmobile season... more family time I guess..lol

Ty and I:

Ty and I went to the Dr. this morning. Ty is in the 75th percentile for his weight and height... this coming from a baby that came home in the very LOW percentile. He was super-duper and is healthy... mommy on the other hand needs to make a few life changes. My blood pressure was high, I have high cholesterol... I gained 10 lbs this year. It's time I start taking care of all of this before it becomes an major issue.

Ty school for September:

I was having a real hard time choosing a school for Ty. I knew I wanted him to be in french school, but I wasn't sure if I wanted him to go to the french Catholic, or public. After calling both schools and speaking to them about a couple things I have decided to send him to the french public... I felt I was much more respected and at ease. We went to visit his future class and will attend a parent/child night when they offer it. I was concerned it would be to much for Ty to be in school full days 5 days a week and she said it was not a problem if I wanted to keep him home a couple days a week. :-) She even said some parents have set days that they keep them home. I REALLY liked that! That way we can ease him in to going so much. (That way I can ease myself in sending him is what I am really saying..lol)

Shopping and adoption ramblings:

I went and did some shopping as well. I finally bought a umbrella stroller to bring with me on my trip... and I bought my dear daughter her 1st toothbrush! (well 1st home toothbrush.. I hope they brush her teeth?) I had bought myself a new set of luggage a few weeks back so I am happy I will be able to use it. I still feel great about my plan. I don't feel guilty, I actually feel like it will all work out great. Marijke (Tamaya's caregiver) has room for both my friend and I to stay and she is also very happy we are able to go together. She even offered the other mom the option to stay until her son was ready to come home if she didn't want to leave him... She is so great. I had thought about that and I know if I would not have had Ty I would have seriously considered calling Haiti my new home for 6 months while Steve was gone...

I'm going to go park my keister and try and get rid of this headache I've been fighting all day!!!

No comments: