Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Blogging blues...

I am sitting here thinking of all the things I could talk about... I feel everything I do or write needs a full explanation because I am so scared that someone will take something out of context. I feel like being honest and putting myself out there leaves room for misinterpretations by strangers not REALLY knowing me. I hope this feeling goes away soon. I am sure with time I will get back to the same ol' me...

In a very vague nutshell Ty is OUT OF CONTROL, sleep deprived and everything I had worked out over the last year to make my life easier with him is gone. When he is tired there is no reasoning with him.. no explaining nothing.. he literally checks out! I have had to call friends to come in to intervene after a 3 hours meltdown with Ty. He was hitting me, throwing things at me, swearing, screaming, kicking, biting. Name it he did it. This is 3 days in a row that he has awaken in the middle of the night and has stayed up because he was "stimulated"..

I called the people I have on board and asked them for help. This is NUTS he needs his sleep and so do I! Ty is hard enough to deal with without him being sleep deprived. When Ty is tired he gets SUPER hyper and extremely unruly...

All I can say is we are getting our sleep tonight!!!

Good night!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the therapy can't start too soon!!

Just keep swimming....

Patricia

Anonymous said...

Sue,
I know that Ty has some major issues to get dealt with but in the interim is there some food issues that you can use to help calm him down a bit? I don't know much about this but I have heard that there can be a sig link to overstimulation and food - and not the food you expect like sugary stuff - sometimes grain and milk products can overstimulate kids - I'll look for some info to support that for you. But changing the diet might help get him to a more even keel for sleep. Of course the therapy will do wonders in the long run - I am thinking short-term like to get you through the weekend!!

Patricia

Melissa Laderoute said...

YOu know what sue... just to give yourself a break.. this sounds really bad.. and who ever is reading this please don't take it out of context... give Ty some gravol or something with a little sleepy stuff in it... it does sound bad but it may help.. not all the time, just once.. but I've done it once or twice before.. and it does work Steve will be home soon enough.. and he can stay up late and you can get your snoozies

Sue said...

Thanks ladies :-)

Patricia Thanks for the link I will take a good look at it. I know Ty has some sensitivities to so many things and it wouldn't surprise me. I have actually eliminated milk (2 months ago) and replaced it with soy to see if that would make a difference.

Melissa, thanks as well! Unfortunately my Ty has HUGE sensitivities to medication. If I give him any medication that has a "night" time/sleep aid. (like a night time cold medication) it has the opposite effect on him. I have talked with friends and their doctors actually suggested it as a sleep aid. The other problem I could see with it is that I never have a problem putting him to bed, it's keeping him asleep.. so if he is up between 1-4 he goes back to bed if he is not stimulated by all night parties in the house..lol

It's almost 8am and he is still sleeping as we speak :-) and he went to bed at 7:30. I *think* I may have it all under control