Sunday, November 05, 2006

13 days...

I have been going through some emotional thinking and of course I feel like I don't quite understand a lot of things..

I have *trying* to analyze my son now for quite some time and trying to figure out which way to go when it comes to treatment/non treatment for him. He is an extremely difficult boy and I really don't want him labeled at such a young age and be on some kind of medication for behaviors that may be "normal" for him. I have touched on the fact his emotional health may be affected by the neglect and being in an orphanage setting.. I have also wondered about biology and how much of his heritage and birth family play a part of who my son truly is. I do not know either of his Haitian parents; does his controlling behaviors come from is Haitian mom or dad? How much of a child is learnt behavior and how much is biology? I may never know the answers to these tough questions, but I do in fact know that I will support my son and be here for him while he is experiencing these emotions and hardships. I will keep pretending to have much more patience than I truly have to get through the tough days and when he is in total meltdown mode with screaming, swearing, hitting and yelling I will continue to hold him and tell him that it doesn't matter what he does I will love him forever... because IN FACT I WILL..

No comments: