Monday, November 13, 2006

4 days...

Go big or go home???
My parents are always buying Ty gifts for Christmas and his birthday that are the big hit. Last year they bought Ty his first 2 wheel bike with training wheels for his birthday. The year before for Christmas they bought him a John Deer tractor with a trailer... Now for Christmas this year I made the suggestion that Ty has been asking and eyeing a little play kitchen. He loves playing with the kitchen at my girlfriends house and he amuses himself with play food for hours. My dad "almost" decided that he wanted to buy something better than that for Ty. The funny part is that I know this would be the hit even if my dad doesn't think so..hahaha, it must be a man thing. So my parents did some on-line browsing and found THE kitchen... GO BIG OR GO HOME!!! I have a feeling this will indeed be THE HIT!!!!



I got an e-mail from my hubby this morning. He is back on camp, and is feeling pretty excited to start his journey home. His BIG request for the day was that I have one of his ball caps in the van so he can have it to wear right away.. apparently the helmet and tuques that he has been wearing the the past three months are depressing him and he neeeeeds a ball-cap. Steve always has a hat on and now I just have to remember where I put them when he left??? He usually put them on top of the kitchen cupboards and it drives me crazy. They are high up and I can't just reach them unless I get the chair.. so he has won that battle... one of the first things I did when he left was to find another spot for them while he was away. I just couldn't keep looking at them up there for 6 months.

Today is going to be a pretty relax day. Ty is sick with a cold and the baby is gone down for his nap. As soon as he awakes I will get them in the van and get some running around done. It's much easier to do while I only have the 2.
I need to go buy some smokes (my big plan is to quit after Steve has left to go back.. I can do it, yes I can.. I have in the past and was successful twice for 6 months, unfortunately I had a puff and that was it, I was hooked again. As long as I never, ever have one again I will be smoke free), beer for the fridge (for Steve of course, one of his "requests"), a new shower head.. my last one broke. I took it apart to clean it because there wasn't any water pressure and when I went to screw it back in the darn thing cracked in half... So now I have to shower in the basement washroom until I get this fixed...actually I can wait for Steve to do it :-)

No comments: