Thursday, November 02, 2006

15 days left.. and the countdown is on

Today was a blah day, the kids gave me a hard time, Ty was late for preschool because him and Jeremy decided to have a water fight... Awwwhhhh I love my job, I love my job, I love my job..hahaha!!

I'm still not feeling right??? I hope this will pass soon, if not I guess I'm going to go see the Dr. I hate meds and doctors.. I always find its a waste of time they never know whats wrong, then it goes away.

The last three post were dedicated to Tamaya pics and video's. (a couple people mentioned not being able to view the clips, if you can't view them either let me know and I will try to re-post them differently)
I was so happy to see that the package with my CD was at the post office today. I could of hugged our post office lady today when she gave me the envelope. I tried most of the afternoon to find a way to view the pics... I finally was able to view them with youtube, but it took so much time to upload them.. then finally I loaded up a different viewer and it worked. There was a dozen or so different clips of around Marijke's place where my daughter is. It brings back so many memories of when I went to visit last January. Pictures are worth a thousand words, but the video clips really made me realise how much she had changed so much in the past year. She is a toddler now. Able to climb, explore, show her temper. Although Ty was just about a year when he came home he was so delayed that he was still a little baby in so many ways... he was more like an 7-8month old. Tamaya has been right on target, and sometimes even more advanced, this is very rare in Haiti. Both of my children have very strong personalities and I am anxious to see what type of adjustment we will have when she joins our family. I will expect the worst and play it by ear. When Ty came home I really expected our transition to be very difficult, but it was almost flawless... his issues came out later. I honestly hope that if she needs to morn and let it all out that she do it right from the beginning.

I have been reading a blog thoughts from Haiti and this story really hit hard. If you have a chance please take a look at this website. Last night instead of blogging I was reading the stories of the boys that have been saved. Haiti is of course in my heart for obvious reasons, but when I read the stories of these young boys I couldn't help but think of all the what if's of Ty's future had his mother chose any other option for him. I hope that some day I will be able to THANK her for the selfless act of placing her son for adoption and thanking her from the bottom of my heart for making our dreams of becoming parents a reality. If only she knew she has gave us the most beautiful gift that anyone could ever give and for this I will be forever grateful.

No comments: