Thursday, November 09, 2006

8 days...

I had a great day today. The kids were all back to normal. They played nice, The baby wasn't sick, Ty listened. WOW I couldn't of asked for better. Come to think of it not even one time-out??? What more can I ask for! My house is even still tidy, I spent most of quiet time scrubbing, folding laundry and disinfecting the toys.

I think I may have a plan for my son. I will set in place a merit system. I have done them prior and although it was effective for the older kids Ty was really too young to care. Now that he is more "responsible" I am going to have a chart and he can earn stickers. Once he gets 10 he can chose a prize. I will make it very easy for him to earn and hopefully this will encourage him even more, plus encourage counting. He is a very good helper. He puts away the clean cutlery from the dishwasher, makes his bed, when I fold laundry his job is to put away his underwear and throw away the bounce sheets, he puts his dishes in the sick. Clears the table after dinner, helps me feed the dog. He pretends to sweep..lol.. well I guess he sweeps, it just doesn't pass the mommy standards!!! He even takes the swiffer duster, puts it in the toilet water and washes the windows :-) I will also add some extra space on the chart for good behavior and hopefully this will help us offset some of his meltdowns. *fingers crossed
After a week of him earning at least 3 per day I will offer him something extra special with mom. A movie at the theatre, getting a toy. I'm getting pretty excited about this and hopefully this will help him shape up.

Tomorrow's FRIDAY!!!!! and when I wake up it will only be a week left before my man comes home!!!

No comments: