Monday, January 22, 2007

Done shopping?...

Today I spent most of my day shopping. I went to numerous stores to find Tamaya a snow suit. I was hoping to pick on up fairly inexpensive at Wal-Mart or Zellers but neither of them had any of her size..??? So I realised that I should get looking because if I can barely find any now, when she is home it will be even harder. I went to a couple boutiques hoping they would still have some, but of course on special, as most of these boutique only carry name brands. Thankfully both of them had some in stock. One place was 30%off.. which is OK, but not when the suit is regular $150. The other place I went I HIT the jackpot!!! They had theirs for 50% off the sale price :-) I came out of there buying a Gusti snow suit for $50, I feel like I scored big time. I also bought her some sheets for her bed, a pair of boots, a couple PJ's and a dozen pair of cute socks that were on special as well. I really can't think of anything else she may need. Her closet is full, I have diapers, wipes, girlie toys, sippy cups, hair pretties and unless I can think of something else I am DONE buying for her.

Ty was pretty good today. He was in good mood for most of the day, but the afternoon once we got home he started getting cranky because he was tired. I let him play on his own and watch some TV to try and keep him up and he ended up in bed at 7:30... I am sure he fell asleep within seconds he was so exhausted.

Oh ya, I also FINALLY bought myself a little table to put my laptop on.. I now can be on the computer anywhere in the house without it being on my kitchen table... YIPPPPEEE, and I have even made room to put the table so it's not in my way I'm so comfy on my love seat instead of a hard kitchen chair :-)

Hopefully this week will bring some good news about Tamaya.. I was thinking today and I realised how much I HATE not knowing anything. Tamaya can potentially be home before Steve.. Which is not too bad, but not having a date, or a little something is awful.. I can't plan anything. I bought her snow suit assuming she will be here in winter months, but she can be here in May for Pete's sakes... All the clothes I have for her is winter clothes.. Thank good we have AC and she will just be coming of of a warm country because I don't care if it's +40 she will get use out all of the clothes.. even the snowsuit dang it.. ;-)

Well enough of my little rant. I will go relax and watch the tube!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you swore you were done obsessing about it....HA!

Until she is home, there is no way you can ignore it....

Hang in there and get out in the SNOW!! Wish we had some down here - Douby wants to make a snowman.
Coming down for Carnival?
Patricia

Sue said...

Patricia,
I know, I know..lol. I was calm about the adoption for 3 whole days..Hahaha. It sure is hard not knowing and the anticipation is the worst, as much as I want to be calm, relaxed and just wait it out, I can't. I guess I had good intentions ;-) Soon enough this whole mess will be resolved and she will be home. I can't wait to be at a place where I can tell others "they do come home, you just have to have patience"..lol

I am thinking about going to the Carnival. I have to check the date and see if it makes sense as I am also going to Ottawa to meet my parents sometime in Feb, but it sounds good!!! I will let you know soon ;-)

Anonymous said...

great, we'd love to see you both here! My house is small but I can find a place to sleep if you want to stayover (or I think you have a standing invitation from Jamie as well!)
and heck, it's a way to keep your mind off of "you know what"

Patricia
P.S. it's after nine and you are on the computer again?? so much for that resolution too, eh?