Friday, January 19, 2007

Good morning...

Awwww it's nice to have Ty home. Life is never dull when he is around..!!! Last night he had a couple could be meltdowns and certainly let me know he was NOT happy at the fact that he was away from me. We talked about his feelings and he verbalised that he was sad and angry that he missed me and that he thought he lost me. I spent the rest of the evening reassuring him that I would always be back and that no matter where I went he would never, ever lose me. I would always be his mommy. I snuggled him and constantly told him how great it was that he was home and how much I LOVED him ... forever. After our chat and some reassuring he went back to being my loving little Ty with less insecurities. It's amazing that he is finally able to talk about his feelings... it certainly helps me to understand and not just assuming he is hurt or sad about something totally unrelated to what he is lashing out at.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could also try to reassure him that you always will leave him with someone you love and know will take good care of him. Your parents took good care of you when you were little so you trust them to look after him for a few days too.
I tell Douby that and it seems to make a difference that he knows I will make a careful choice! Although I have not had the guts (or the need) to leave him overnight anywhere yet! But we have talked about doing a sleepover at my brother's house someday. One of these days I'm going to have to go to a conference and won't be able to take him along....
Patricia