Saturday, January 20, 2007

Nice night...

I had many intentions to get some much needed groceries today, but my Ty had a melt down before leaving and I knew bringing him out in public would be a wrong move. I held him while he was kicking, hitting and freaking out and finally after an hour he gave in and hugged me tight.
We had a little talk again and I asked him what was wrong. He told me he was mad with me. I asked him why and he said because..lol. SO I gave him a couple options A, because I had taking his toys away because he would not clean up his mess (this activated the tantrum). B, that he was upset the he was not with me for a while, and C. that he missed his daddy. He said he was mad at me because he lost me. I explained to him that his grand-parents love him (thanks Patricia) and that I trusted that he would be safe and loved with them because when I was a little girl they loved me and took really good care of me. He seemed very comforted by that. I then asked him if he wanted to have a little relax time in my room in which he agreed. I thought for sure he would fall asleep but he didn't. I thought this would be a good time for me to explain that a sitter was coming to play with him and that I would be home later. He initially said he didn't want that, but I told him he would have a great time and if he was good he could earn the toys he lost. He seemed very please with that :-)

I went out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant and ordered something different than my usual chicken faita's... I don't even remember what it was called..lol.. but it wasn't that great. So much for being adventurous. The rice tasted like Haitian rice and I don't know man.. the last time I had that I came home sick.. I really don't know how I am going to eat in Haiti when it is my time to go get her. I know I can stand to loose a couple pounds, but I think I rather actually do it the right way..lol.. I guess i will eat it if I am hungry enough.

I called Ty on my way to the movies to see how everything was going and from her accounts he was being good. I told him I was very proud and that in 10 minutes it would be bedtime and in the morning I would be home and he would certainly earn his toys back. He said "oh mom, your cute" He is too cute.... really!!!

Stephanie and I were going to watch the movie Holiday, but it wasn't playing until 9, so we opted to go see the museum movie... It was good. I enjoyed it!!! I was still full from supper and the popcorn was gross, but I really enjoyed a night out! (jeeezzz Stephanie I am trying to remember the line to insert it here for you, but I can't remember it for the life of me???)

I came home, the sitter said Ty was good and she had no problems with him.. THANK GOODNESS, because the last one put him in his room for a time-out and he told her to f-off.. So since then I have worried about sitters.. Can you see why? ;-) He has known this girl for a while and she always pays special attention to him, but she has never watched him while I was gone so I worried a bit, but it worked out ok and now I have another evening sitter if I should need one.

Tonight I worked on a to do, to get, to pack list for Tamaya's homecoming. I figure I may as well prepare slowly for going to get her, at least know what I have to do because when she is ready it will be chaos trying to get everything done. And most of the time you get little notice. I do know that when I get out of this office she will be legally ours and it will only be a matter of getting her passport and Visa issued.. Then she will be here. I really prefer being positive and enjoying preparing than stressing over something I can't change. I wonder who will be home 1st.. Steve or Tamaya? It's going to be a very close race... Anyone wanting to make bets???...lol.. I am betting on Steve.. but only because Haiti is so darn unpredictable..lol.. The military is too, but within reason.. Hahaha.

I seem to be babbling again and should get to bed. :-)
G-Night and Happy weekend!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

S- "QUIET!! MY DUM DUM WANTS TO SPEAK " way to cute in the context of the movie!!! It was a good movie- a very enjoyable evening! We should make plans to do it more-maybe once a month or every month and a half- after our hubbies come home :D (shopping is good too...lol) Chat Soon, S.