Friday, January 05, 2007

HAPPY 75TH...

Today is my grand-pa's 75th birthday... We are going out for supper and to my aunts house afterwards for some cake and ice cream. How wonderful that I am still in town to be with my family again on such a joyous occasion.

Now that my ticket is booked to go I have been getting very excited about going. I have had this HUGE gut feeling that there is a very big reason why I NEED to be there. Today I received an e-mail from an American friend, that has lived in Haiti for many years and is fluent in creole as well as very comfortable in the country. She informed me that she will be in Haiti while I am there and is willing to help in any way she can. That e-mail pretty much confirmed there was in deed a reason I needed to go and that I truly believe with her help and knowledge Tamaya's birth mom will be found.. or at least if we have not found her I can proceed with re-starting the process. If we need to re-start it will suck!!! but if that's what we need to do I don't want to wait months and months to give it a go again.

Yesterday while I was day dreaming of my reunion with Tamaya a thought came over me and I became very emotional. This will be the first time I will see my baby walk, the first time I see her teeth. The first time I will get to see all the new things she has learned in a whole year. How cool is that. I can already feel some other the "Haiti" emotions coming... to know in a couple short week we will be together just gets be giddy :-)

No comments: