Thursday, January 25, 2007

My dear son...

Ty was sitting with me snuggling last night. I always pretend that I am going to eat him and make reference to how much I love chocolate, and how yummy he is.... so... he decided to be a wise guy and do the same back to me, now here is the FUNNY part. He looked at me and said... "Mmm mmm mmm you are one good marshmallow". When I think marshmallow I think, white and fluffy, so... my son has now labeled me as his white and fluffy marshmallow ;-)

It's better than Big momma, I had to constantly tell him that it was not nice to call me big momma, and that it hurt my feelings..lol, he asked me WHY? I said it was insulting and hurtful, and that if someone was to call him "a stupid kid" he wouldn't like that. He said no mom, that wouldn't be nice. At that point I told him if he ever called me big momma again I would have to call him a stupid kid.. he never has called me big momma since. THANK GOODNESS because I know I couldn't keep my word on that one, but I at least stopped that big momma phase. It sure was embarrassing when he would call out big momma in the freaken walmart.

The nursery school teacher talked to me today about my boys flirting. He has his first crush? He put his arms around a little girl, and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He told her she was cute, and that he likes that. I really wonder what the teenage years will bring!!!

I am still on cloud 9 with my wonderful news about being one step closer to Tamaya coming home. I have looked at every possible flight for the next 1 to 3 months to Haiti and what I would have to do to arrange a perfect arrival. Ty's official homecoming date was March 27th. It would really be cool if both of the kids could share there special at home date!!! Plus it is also my parents anniversary which adds a special little something to it was well. .. Only time will tell! All I ask is for smooth sailing from here on out. I can't take another Haiti glitch..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Douby loves me to nibble on his ears! He fights me like the dickens until I get a nibble and then if I stop there, he turns his head and says "I have another one..." in a beautiful singsong voice!!
Aren't they cute!
Gotta love little boys...This morning he also started giving me kisses under my chin "our secret spot" so I had to kiss him on the back of his neck as "my secret spot"

I certainly hope you DO NOT have to wait till march 27th to get your girl - I want her home in Feb!!

Patricia

Sue said...

Oh yes, BOYS.. ;-) aren't they just the most precious gift. Even in my difficult times with Ty I can always look at him with such love and count my blessings that I have the honor of parenting him. I can even say this and he is awake and being silly..lol.

I want her home before the 27th, but I really don't want to set myself up for yet another disappointment. I am so afraid that something else will go wrong, and that the wait will even be longer than my worst case scenario of April. Believe me, if this part can just be nice and smooth and I have a sooner than later e-mail telling me she is ready I would be more than grateful :-) I really can't take another delay, but until she has that darn passport and visa in hand anything can happen!

I would love for Steve to be able to come home to a little Haitian surprise though!

Sue
p.s. I won't be able to make carnival, my parents are coming up that weekend! I am certainly looking forward to going to the next PP with my WHOLE family. ;-)