Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Back home safe and sound...

What a long day this has been. I left late making the trip seem extra long. We arrived at 4:30 enough time for Ty to get to snuggle grand-maman Pauline and Grand-papa Dan (known to Ty as maman Pauline & papa Dan)

My parents headed out for diner at her brothers house and Ty and I went to my auntie Sunshine for supper... My cousin Mel and her son Dawson were there and the boys had fun playing together. It's cute to see how much they have both grown. They are close in age which will make family gatherings nice as they will always have a built in playmate :-) Ty really adores his cousin.

We all joked about my blog and how if they're not nice to me I could always post some interesting stories... :-) The nice thing about my blog is they can't get me back... HAHA! SO you guys remember that and be extra nice and generous with the presents.. K???

I got a couple e-mails in regard to the adoption... still no news, but I have found out that the orphanage director will now put out a radio broadcast across Haiti to try and locate her. She has used this method in the past and it is usually successful. I will keep my fingers crossed. Also, we also have been notified that even without ID, as long as the birth mother goes and states that she has neither sold the baby and that she actually placed her for adoption we should be OK with just a signature. Please keep your fingers crossed for us.

I'm going to go put my Ty guy to bed because it is wayyyyyy past his bed time and I will be following shorty after.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

where is home? We will be heading to Montreal sometime around new years. Anywhere close to that?

Sue said...

Back home is Timmins. 10 hours from Montreal..lol. Not close at all really, we would have been closer had we been home home.

Are you having a get together for the kids in the new year? Maybe if the weather is still really nice we can try and work our way up.

Anonymous said...

wrong direction...boo hoo! but do you have SNOW???

I want to have a party in Jan or Feb again and would love to have you come!! I also want to make it up to Ottawa sometime this winter so perhaps we can make a sidetrip to my old haunts....

Patricia

Sue said...

We barely have any snow. Usually this time of the year over in Timmins we have 5 feet snowbanks and we now only barely have enough snow to cover the grass :-(

I would love to get together. We will surely work something out.