Friday, December 29, 2006

To go or not to go "part 2"...

I woke up feeling like I would like to go to Haiti. I have re-looked at the flight schedule and it is still at a low price that could change without notice. I have started contacting my peeps in Haiti to see if this trip falls together. If it does I will go. If it doesn't it wasn't meant to be. I have always been pretty big on "if it's meant to happened things will fall into place without much effort" and I am certainly at that point now. I am super excited at the prospect of holding my baby even if it's not for the homecoming... I did however tell myself the first time we met that if I ever really missed her so much she was just a plane ride away and I really feel like this is the time. This Christmas was particularly hard not having her home. I really figured a year ago when I went to Haiti should would of been here by now. The end is always the hardest and instead of just sitting here idle wishing I could hold her I can book a flight and hold her. Imagine that concept..lol Merry Christmas to me. I think I have made enough sacrifices for my family and this may be a total selfish "vacation", but she is after all my baby girl too and in need of some mommy loving too. Imagine almost 18 months in an Orphanage without the loving arm of your mommy. I will go reassure her someone in this world is loving her and wanting her home so bad.

Am I emotionally ready for Haiti?... I really don't know, but I do know enough time has past since the last trip that I have seemed to have forgotten my emotional ride while I was there... it's more than time for another ride..lol

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Good luck and I hope you get to take the trip. I will miss you while you are gone though. Please take plenty of picture so we can share in your trip when you get back. I would love seeing them! Go for it!!!!