Saturday, December 30, 2006

Patience and me...

Have I ever mentioned how I have little patience, especially for waiting. I am sitting here almost in panic mode because I haven't yet got confirmation on whether or not my visit is welcome in Haiti. Until I get the ok from her caretaker I will not book the flight. I just checked next weeks flight and it has quadrupled in price and I am so afraid mine will go way up as well if I don't book it NOW. C'mon people!!!
I am thinking of calling her but I don't want to come off as impatient and frustrated..lol

Last night I got a pleasantly surprising call from my mother-in-law inviting me to go bowling with her, my SIL and our niece. I agreed and we had a great time. It was one of the first times I felt like I was part of the family. Not because they never made me feel welcome, but because Steve is always with me and I feared they only tolerated me because I was with him. It really felt nice.

OH MY GOSH.. I forgot about a funny story that still makes me giggle.

I'm giggling just thinking about it. My auntie Sunshine was doing a kick boxing TaeBo type video and was really into it, she had been doing these videos for a while and during this particular event she was very concentrated and giving it everything she got. A left and a right, and she punched herself in the jaw almost knocking herself out... OH MY GOSH I am still laughing... could you imagine. She said she was so mad for punching herself that she put the tapes away and let them sit for a couple months.

And for closing...my dad sent me an elf link, YOU MUST CLICK HERE!. The funniest thing is that although I have a pic of Steve in there with his caterpillar, I know he is unable to view it from his computer which makes it even funnier... (you see honey, if you were home you could have stopped me, but nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah.. ) I only did it because I love you :-0

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

You know, sometimes they can´t use the pc for a couple of days.
If i were you I should call Marijke!

Yvonne

Sue said...

Hi Yvonne,
I was going to contact her later this afternoon and when I looked for her number I realised I don't have it on my computer. It is at my house.(I am a 7 hour drive from there..lol) Marijke is not in Haiti, but in the Netherlands at this time. I will wait until morning and send her off another e-mail.
Thanks, Sue