Sunday, December 03, 2006

neglecting my blog?...

Friday night Steve and I went out for dinner with our friends. It was nice to have an adult evening with our best buddies and have a nice dinner out. We went to a nice small restaurant in the next little town. Every time I have been there the food and service has been great... almost like a little hidden secret. We looked for a place to go out for a couple drinks afterwards and because we were having a snow storm most places were empty. Besides now a days people seem to go out for a couple drinks past midnight??? We ended up coming over to the house and having a drink here. The night ended around midnight and no one ended waking up hungover. ;-)

Saturday we spent the day in. They had a Santa parade, but we elected to stay home and just enjoy another relaxing day. I'm thinking I can get used to this!!! We got a couple movies for the evening and even let Ty stay up a little later to watch one. For the second half Ty and I snuggled on the chair and I tell ya... that's what being a mommy is all about. Jeeeezzzz I love him. With all of the difficulties I have with him, I wouldn't trade him for the world!!! He is without a doubt MY little boy, he's got mommy's heart that's for sure.

Of course today is Sunday and that will involved scrubbing and getting the house back in order. If only the house could stay like a Sunday clean I would be happy... Maybe when we no longer have any pets??? Steve and Ty are going out in the snow soon to shovel. I'll be sure to get some pictures of my boys. I love when they spend time together. Male bonding at it's best.

I've decided I will be going home for Christmas. I have 3 weeks off and it will be so nice to be able to spend the holidays with my friends and family. I highly doubt Tamaya will be home for the holidays, but I do know for sure this will be our last Christmas without her. Realistically she will prob be home Feb/March.. which is when Steve will be back. I know that time will be "perfect-timing". If only I had all the answers and would know what the future holds. At least then I could wait patiently... but I guess my lessons in patience wouldn't be learnt if everything just came easy. If there is anything I need to learn in this life-time would be to just trust and have patience, but when it comes to waiting for my children this has been my biggest problem. It's so difficult to stand by when my baby girl is miles away, I love her dearly and she doesn't even know me, she doesn't know or realise how much she is wanted and needed here, I will have fun making up for missed hugs and snuggles. She will someday feel the love we all for her... until then she will be loved from afar.

No comments: