Friday, December 01, 2006

GREAT NEWS...

Steve came home with the mail this afternoon. We had been waiting for a specific letter to come. I opened the registered letter and was expecting the letter to thank us for applying, but not at this time. I tore the letter open and read the 1st line; On behalf of ORPHAN'S HOPE CONGRATULATIONS. I threw the letter up in the air jumped in Steve's arms and shouted we got it.. we got the grant... HOLY SH*T. He picked up the letter to double check and I have had a permasmile on my face ever since.

We have received a $10 000 grant towards Tamaya's adoption and I am just simply too happy. We had applied for a grant towards her adoption expenses a couple months ago. I had procrastinated on sending it feeling like there would be someone out there that would surely need it more than us and really didn't feel deserving of such a grand donation. My mom convinced me that we were just as deserving of the as the next person and that we should. What would be the worst that would happen? We simply wouldn't get it! I had everything ready to send and my mom again suggested I write a cover letter to accompany the application. I explained our situation and how difficult waiting for our daughter and hubby was and that financial help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if it was a deciding factor in our approval, but it is my life and darn it has been a rough go these past months.

THANKS MOM for being so great. You are the greatest mommy and grandma in the whole wide world!!!!

Orphan's hope had also donated $5000 towards Ty's adoption and he is one the front page of their website. The procedures for Ty's grant was different and was given to us from our agency. CLICK HERE to view their website.

2 comments:

Woo said...

Congratulations on your great news. I read some of your blogs and you seem to be a very kind person..You must be an angel. You have beautiful children.

I'm a new blogger and have been surfing a little today. I found yours to be most moving and filled with compassion..I believe good things will continue your way.

Anonymous said...

Sue that is awesome news! I'm so happy for you :)