Sunday, December 10, 2006

Happy Sunday...

Yesterday was very productive, I managed to get some needed Christmas shopping started. I was in the check out thinking I must be missing someone I felt like there must of surely been more people to buy for and of course I realised we still had our niece and nephew. They are getting older and I hate just buying gift that are not special so I decided I will buy them a gift card and they can then choose something they will love. I guess if I knew them better this gift would be easier to buy, but unfortunately they are both out of town, and as much as we love and adore them, we don't truly know them.

My neighbour was a great help in letting me get shopping done without Ty. I called her to see if she was up for some Christmas kitty-cat sitting and she asked me if she could have Ty for the afternoon and bring him and her daughter to the churches Christmas party. It sure was nice to go into town get it done and run home without any interruptions.

Ty has been good these last few days, well not "good", but .. I have managed to diffuse could be meltdowns. I instead of popping a wig on him for being a kid. I have been choosing to talk and explain and he have consequences instead of a time-out/room time. Um.. I guess I have had more patience to deal with him. Because now that I am thinking about it, he wrote all over my winter jacket with a pen, broke my canopy in my bedroom from pulling and hanging off of it and I'm sure there is more, but I have actually been enjoying being his mommy. We have been spending many special moments together and been having fun snuggling, playing and just hanging out. Today he is supposed to be my cleaning helper. Then we have Steve's work kids Christmas party. They have changed it up this year, one side will be an adult luncheon and the other side of the building will be the kids. I'm looking forward to it.

I received another update on princess Tamaya-Chantaline; The pics are priceless!!! I can't even begin to express how happy I am that my baby girl is with Marijke. I have been spoiled rotten with pictures and updates and I feel like at any time if I need to have info, or if I am having a Tamaya "craving" Marijke seems to come through with sending pics. I was looking in my Tamaya album and I have well over a hundred pics of her. When we were waiting for Ty I am lucky if I got a dozen pics. With her I have been notified of all important milestones as they happened and it has been priceless. The differences in adoptions have been night and day really!!! Soon enough she will be home and I will get to enjoy every moment of her as well. :-) From the pics her fro is growing in nicely... I bet by the next time I get pics she will have twist in it.

Have a great Sunday... hi ho, hi ho...off to cleaning I go.

Here is the update; :-)

Dear Sue, Steve and Ty.

Hereby an update from Chantaline.

Chantaline is doing fine, she is a lovely happy girl and most of the
time she is happy.
She is outside during the day, playing with the other some bigger
children. She loves most the personal attention but she can also play on her own when she has a toy she likes.
She definitely cries much less than a couple of months ago and it seems
like she learnt better how to play on her own as well as with other
children. Off course sometimes she cries when she wants a toy of another child but that's normal on her age. And so right now she's doing very well with the other children.

Chantaline is eating very well, she likes almost everything. Just
sometimes she doesn't want to eat the cereal but she grows really well
and weights now almost 11 kilo so that's a perfect weight for her age.
She also sleeps very well. Almost always she sleeps all night long
without awakening. She also sleeps in the afternoon from around noon
until 1.30 pm. So she's a good sleeper.

About her health, she is a healthy girl and she haven't been sick last
months. Only the eruption on her head came back again and we let the
laboratory examine which microbe it is. So she had an antibiotic and
it's gone now. We hope it stays away!
But beside that she's in a good health!

About her development. Chantaline is developing well. She walks, runs
and climbs on things and is trying to discovering. She is not yet saying
words really clear but she's talking a lot and you definitely hear from
the sound of her voice if she says something in a kind or something
angry. So she's a real lady!

We took some photos again and we hope you'll like them! Also a photo to wish you merry Christmas and also we, Marijke and Agnes already wish you a merry Christmas and we hope your little girl will be soon with you!!!

A big kiss from Chantaline and greetings from Marijke and Agnes.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue, what a great update on Tamaya:)Can't wait to see you and Ty when you get home.