Thursday, December 28, 2006

A nice nothing day...

Today I did absolutely NOTHING. I stayed in my jammies as planned and spent my day relaxing and catching up on some much needed sleep. Around 12:30 I looked at my mommy and told her I was thinking of taking a nap. She offered to care for Ty... so I ran into my room and had a major snooze. My mom came to wake me up after I had slept for nearly 3:30 hours. ;-) Now I am so awake and it's coming close 1 am??? I'm thinking my snooze may have been a bad idea.

My sister, mom, dad and I played a game of trouble tonight... Oh my gosh did we ever laugh. My sister always wanted a perfect little life. She would beg my parents to have game nights on Fridays, she was the good kid that actually liked being home with her parents as a teen. We started playing the game and it got pretty serious fast. My mom and I were laughing so hard it hurt. I had to walk away to catch my breath from laughing so much. At one serious part of the game my mom said "and this is the reason we didn't have game nights" and I was in stitches. My dad won the game, my sister was 2nd, my mom was 3rd and guess what... I was the looooser. It was fun!!!

Tomorrow will be another full day. I will spend the afternoon at Steve's grandparents. I would like them to check out the pics I have saved on the computer to send them off for print to make them a album of the kids and Steve.

My girl friend called me earlier today and I was disappointed to hear that she is not coming into town as planned. I was hoping to see my godson and spend some time with them. I guess once we get home I will invite them over for a weekend and we can catch up at my place, or vise versa, Ty and I can make a little trip up to see them. There are so many people I would love to be able to go visit while I am off and actually have the time to go.

My little sister is gone out partying AGAIN tonight. It reminds me of when I actually had a life... Oh those were the days!!!
The little chicka convinced me to pick up her 2 friends and drive them to the bar... Is this what I will be doing in 20 years from now with my kids???...lol. When I was 19 and drinking age we would get to the bar at around 7... drink our little faces off until 1 and that was our nights. Nowadays these kids are leaving for the bar past midnight and last call is 2??? I don't know man??? I think I'm getting old or something.

When I was driving home from dropping them off I enjoyed going down familiar roads and reminiscing of times gone by. I felt like every street I was on had an old friends house, or a memory. I really miss this place. I guess you never forget your hometown. I really wish I had the best of both worlds and was able to live here as well as have my Steve. Maybe once he retires we can come back to our old stomping grounds... just maybe. It would be nice to be closer to our families especially considering they will be getting older and may appreciate the help we could offer them. I guess only time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but Sue- I miss you back here and our daily chats too!!! I guess I am a lucky one, as I am living in my home town and raising my children on my old stomping grounds-hubby's old grounds are only a 3 hour trip away as well...Guess what!!! We have snow!! WOO HOO!!! Sliding day at Blueberry Hill- I don't know who is more excited- me or the kids!!! Be sure to call me when you get home :) S