Thursday, December 07, 2006

Well...

Wow what a day filled jammed packed with action. After my morning I should of known my day would be filled with chaos...

I started getting Ty ready for nursery school and he was acting silly, Jeremy flat out refused to get dressed so I could bring Ty and to put the icing on the cake when I went to get the baby up I noticed he had vomited all over in the fresh, clean playpen??? So we were of course a tad late for nursery school. I stopped in at my girlfriends house so the kids could have a play-date. There was a few tense moments and a few time-outs. We then went to pick Ty up, I made lunch for the kids and of course the baby didn't keep it in, he got sick again... sooooo I called his mom and told her this was the second time he was sick (she had told me this morning when she dropped him off he would probably be tired because he was up most of the night, she mentioned that he had a cold and wasn't feeling well. I said I don't mind runny noses, it's when they puke I have a problem with it) I also asked her if he had been sick at all when he was up during the night "no, he was sick after I fed him breakfast thought" she exclaimed! WHAT???? No respect for my darn policy's and it ERKS me. So I told her that he was already in bed and if it was the flu he probably already spread the joy, but that I would appreciate that one of them would come pick him up earlier, like right after his nap.

While Steve was home on leave I had a lot of time to reflect on this and that. Ty was well rested, no early wake up calls, he was a "normal" kid with less meltdown and I honestly had more patience and less stress to actually deal with him. I have been tossing around the idea of stopping the daycare and was really looking forward to having Tamaya home so I could raise my kids and just be their mom and not super daycare Sue...

Today I have official given my families their notice. My last day of work will be next Friday. I have not decided if this decision is permanent, or if I will re-open later with new families, or I may chose to go outside my home to work once Tamaya has settled in. For now I will be off work for at least 6 months. Our nest egg will hold us up for the next little while without having to stress about it financially.

This decision is bitter sweet. One that I have been avoiding for a very long time. It's not like just quitting a job I didn't like and just moving on to a bigger, better one because there are many aspect of daycare that I love, mainly the children. I have been such a great part of their lives as they have been in ours. They have been a part of our everyday lives. My little Jeremy started here when he was only 6 months old and he is almost 3 now.

I have toyed with the idea numerous times but it never seemed like a great idea at the time. I can now say and know this is in all of our best interests. Mine, Ty's, Tamaya's and Steve's. I will be a better mother and wife because of it.

And the best part of the day was when I came upstairs and noticed my dear hubby on-line. We got to chat on-line for a little bit. He had just landed in the "secret" location. He will hopefully be able to call me tomorrow. It was nice to have his full support on my decision and even though he is now across the world from me I felt like I got a big cyber hug from him.... GOSH I MISS HIM SO MUCH!!! and yes, I had darn tears again...lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, girl!
Good decision even if it was a hard one. Remember you are still very young and can still do everything you want to do later once the kids are in school fulltime. You can even try doing something from home part-time instead.
I am sure Ty will appreciate having you 100% for a while till your girl comes home and you will have the time to work through Ty's therapies without all the juggling.
Thanks for passing on the messages to Marijke for Dana and me!

Hugs
Patriciavhrscdv