Monday, December 18, 2006

not completely better, but managing...

After speaking to my agency first thing this morning and having very supportive and wonderful people working on it, I got a tad more info. They will be doing an investigation regarding this new hoopla at our government level and we will sit and wait some more. I got more insight about this new step and how it is usually implemented when there is allegations of fraud. The Haitian President has recently did a complete overhaul off staff at Haitian government level and I believe this person is newly appointed and is "testing" his job description. This seems to be going on in most departments dealing with adoptions. New people trying to change the rules as they go along.

My orphanage liaison has also sent a detailed list of the steps that are in place. It looks like we are not in court as both the new step and court coincide together. In other words they have probably been looking for her b-mom for over a month now???????? but I can't be completely sure.. I am just assuming.

I'm done with this darn adoption and they can call me when she is ready and I'll deal with it then... until then I don't want anything to do with it..lol. And I worried about boredom while I was off.. what a bad joke that was. :-)

I have a full day tomorrow preparing my home and packing for my journey back home. I am really looking forward to the holidays to have the extra family support.

I got to chat with hubby tonight and well... the good news, I love him, the bad news, they are undermanned and between firing the gun, building a bunker and still having to do their centuries he is barely getting any sleep and is exhausted. He did however offer me some nice words of comfort "we did sign up for this and we knew it wouldn't be easy" and it is true..

Well I am off to get some needed ZZZ's and I am pretty certain tomorrow will be a calmer, less emotional day. I'm really looking forward to that.

No comments: