Sunday, December 31, 2006

My trip...

Thank you Yvonne for the contact info...

Tamaya's caretaker Marijke is on vacation and the reason I haven't had a response. I did however get in touch with her sidekick and have received a response. We will wait until next week to get confirmation from Marijke. I was told that I was always welcomed there which was really nice. She did advise me of the dangers of kidnappings that have seemed to escalate lately, but this has been an ongoing problem in Haiti. If my flight for 16-23 goes up in price I will check out the next week schedule and if the next week prices go up as well I will take it as a sign I am to stay back. Again if it's meant to be everything will fall into place.

Just to let everyone know I have not heard of any cases of Canadians being kidnapped. They "usually" search out rich Haitians and lately I have heard of the kidnappings being babies. So to tell you the truth I am not worried and I know that I would be staying safe while I am there as my "contacts" would never put me in danger. Once I get to Tamaya I would stay put and not do any site seeing. Time will tell. The same stuff was going on last year when I went and to date I haven't heard of any adoptive parents getting taken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/haiti/haiti.htm
Please read this latest info on Haiti. It is dangerous. I have a niece who is adopting and whose children came out of IBESR in November. I have been watching the situation in Haiti due to my concern for her traveling there. Please be careful. I follow your blog.
Thank you!
Barbara