Monday, December 25, 2006

The hustle and bustle of the holidays...

What a nice time Christmas is. It's so nice to be sharing in our family traditions now with Ty. My child hood always consisted of going to my grand-parents house for my grand-parents feast and gift exchange. My grand-parents are getting older now and it is too hard for them to uphold this tradition in their home. It has not been pushed aside as we have continued the Christmas get together at alternate homes. This year my Auntie "Sunshine' and Uncle "Fruit Loop" were the hostesses. (My uncle Guy wanted to become famous on the blog with a nickname.. I have chosen Fruit Loop - this could change without notice.. hahaha) It's nice to know that wherever we seem to find ourselves we all make it home for the holidays. Its the one time of the year that we make time to spend together as a whole family and that is really comforting. I had a few hard moments with Steve and Tamaya missing. All of my family included her and Steve in the gift exchange and it was very touching to say the least. I had a few sobs and thankfully my mommy was there to comfort me.

We had a nice steal a gift game for our adult gift exchange and you will never guess what I stole... An alarm clock... I'm wondering and hoping a clock from here might actually work and not scare the crap out of me when I have it set on the alarm..lol.. I will certainly keep you posted... Hahaha

Once our evening was coming to an end, Ty and I headed over to Steve's side of the family and spend a couple hours there which brought us back to my parents home past 2am...

Ty awoke very anxious, and ready to see what Santa had brought him. It's really nice for him to understand the concept of Santa better. He looked at his pile of gifts and exclaimed "OH MY GOSH" .. the funniest thing is that he had told me last night that he was going to say that when he saw them... What a little ham..lol

We then went for a quick visit to Steve's Grand-parents. I had promised them I would make time to come see them on Christmas day. I wish I was able to spend more time with them today, but we will certainly go and see them again soon. Steve's Aunt, Uncle and cousin are there from out of town and she is also a regular reader of my blog (Allo Murielle :-)

We then headed over to Steve's parents house for the afternoon. Ty got a couple outfits and a couple toys. His family have decided to celebrate Christmas for our family once Steve comes back in March. Ty started acting up so I knew the late night and early morning was a bit overwhelming and decided to come back to my parents house, feed him super and put him to bed.

My parents, my sister and I enjoyed a quiet fondue tonight. We also enjoyed a chocolate fondue for dessert. I definitely ate waaayyyyy to much and I can hardly breath it hurts so bad.

I guess in a nutshell my holidays have consisted of running from house to house and eating... :-)

Pictures to follow once I can figure out how to re-connect to my parents wireless network.. for some reason I am unable to connect!!!

No comments: