Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

I got a surprise e-mail from Steve this morning. Seems anything involved with getting correspondence from him is like getting a bouquet of roses from your sweetheart... just gives you a sweet feeling deep in your soul, a feeling of being loved and admired by the one you love so much.

They now have satellite Internet in the desert.... now that's the kind of tax dollars I like seeing being spent.... go government go!!! He will be able to check it every other day or so :-) It's so important for our guys to have communication with loved ones.. keeps their spirits high and informed about life here!

He didn't go into detail about why it took 10 hrs to get back, it was supposed to only be 1:30 to get there, but he write that "YES" something happened and thankfully everyone he was with is OK and still in good spirits. I do have an idea of what happened from a friend of ours still here and training to leave in Feb, and well, I just have to say thank you to the big guy up stairs for watching over my hubby and of course the other guys that we're with him.

I never thought in the years of being a military wife that I would ever see my hubby at war. (of course Canada would never call it what it is...WAR, I guess it could be worst they could be calling it peacekeeping) I had a nice conversation with my grandmother about war last week and it really helped me reflect and be grateful for technology.
I have"communication" to be grateful for. I couldn't imagine being a wife at home, not knowing where or when my husband would be home. Hoping I would get a letter in the mail. I am so grateful for Internet & sat phones which makes all this waiting a little less painful.

No comments: